N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

will this effect a rwc?

General chat related to anything N12.
lovelessnator

will this effect a rwc?

Post by lovelessnator »

just wondering if these mods will effect a rwc in any way?

1} AFM relocation {cooler piping}
2} Log removal
3} Battery in boot
4} Bigger turbo {carnt see that it would in anyway}

cheers
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

All I know is that if the battery is in the boot, it needs to be secured properly, with all the cables done neatly. The rest I have no clue about.

Thanks,
James
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

The funding for the restorations:

My Home Business:
Computer Repair Melbourne
Computer Sales Melbourne
leayr

Post by leayr »

in nsw it will if the mechanics are dick head will ask for engineer certificate
lovelessnator

Post by lovelessnator »

ok well i reckon ill be safe to do these mods an still get the rwc ill just take it to someone i no lol
burkey567

Post by burkey567 »

lol, thats the way to do it.
Currently owned:
1986 Nissan Pulsar GL

No longer owned:
1983 Toyota Corolla KE70

The funding for the restorations:

My Home Business:
Computer Repair Melbourne
Computer Sales Melbourne
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

battery in boot needs to be vented outside the car. If its sealed it doesnt, but it should anyway.

technically you arent alowed to change the turbo
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Just get the RWC and get it registered before you do the mods and then keep it registered. I don't know about NSW or anywhere else but in the ACT, once you register it, you can let the rego lapse for up to 12 months and renew it without another RWC. Then the only thing you have to worry about are the odd roadside inspection or being pulled over and if you're not a dickhead when they get you, you can probably talk your way out of it.
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

In NSW, you have to have an inspection (called a pink slip) every 12 months. you may let your rego lapse for up to 3 months without a FULL (blue slip - more in-depth) inspection, but still need a regular pink slip inspection to have it renewed. NSW is a pain..

i live on the border of NSW and Vic, and hush hush, i have a nsw licence so i can drive on my fulls earlier without the pesky performance restrictions they enforce, but my cars are vic registered so i only need to get the first inspection when i first register it, and thats it for the life of the car while i own it. plus vic rego is half the price of nsw.. (yes they are registered to my nsw licence, the cops dont like it but its all legit ;P)
lovelessnator

Post by lovelessnator »

shanec86 wrote:battery in boot needs to be vented outside the car. If its sealed it doesnt, but it should anyway.

technically you arent alowed to change the turbo
wow do you no why you carnt change the turbo? does it have to be to manufactures specs or something?
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

lovelessnator wrote:wow do you no why you carnt change the turbo? does it have to be to manufactures specs or something?
Same reason you can't "technically" change Injectors or re-chip ECU, or remove (gut) cat, or install an "atmo" BOV. For anti-pollution and emission reasons. (Just my guess)
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

thaaayt isss correaacttt

Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

IIRC, you're allowed a single intake mod. So if someone wanted to be a tightarse, they could construe the AFM relo as more than a single mod and you're fucked... but it wasn't that stiff for me. Cause I was using the engine from my old car which I totalled, and putting it in my parts car, I didn't really have the option of just getting it regoed in stock condition, which I'd recommend.

In the end, the biggest PITA was I had to do the pod shroud and ducting in metal. The KKR280 on my donk is prolly about equivalent to a T25, but I just told the dude at the Vicroads inspection it was maybe a tad bigger but the closest thing I could find to the original turbo I'd only replaced cause it was shagged.

He seemed a bit sceptical (maybe my 3" exhaust tipped him off), but he was cool. That was in Sunshine.