N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Adjusting camber

General chat related to anything N12.
Johnsn12

Adjusting camber

Post by Johnsn12 »

Hi does any one no how to adjust the camber on these cars or if any one knows of an aftermarket kit you can buy.
Thanks for you help
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

front camber is easily adjusted with a camber bolt that replaces one of the bolts between the hub and Mac Strut. Available in many places, shop around 'cause prices vary.
There is no adjustable top plate available of the shelf, but people have adapted some. Not really worth it when you can just use the bolt method.

Rear is a bit more work but read this:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4627

C
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Callumgw wrote:There is no adjustable top plate available of the shelf, but people have adapted some. Not really worth it when you can just use the bolt method.
What about the difference in scrub radius between the two methods? I'd imagine it could be up to 10mm a side...
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

The coilovers i had for sale were adjustable at the base, basically the top bolt hole on the mount was oval and you could set it where you needed and lock it in place
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

IME there's a bit of slop in the standard ones too. I reckon there'd be something like 1.5 degrees to play with.

Then there's a fair bit of slop at the top too, but it'd have a much smaller effect due to the geometry of the whole setup...
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Kimmo wrote: something like 1.5 degrees
no where near it, you only get about 3 (total) from the excentric bolts.

Scrub radius isn't such a big deal.

Kimmo wrote: Then there's a fair bit of slop at the top too
The top rubber can give a degree of movement under load and a custom pillow top (no rubber or neoprene, just a sphereical bearing) would fix this. It wouls also allow for some adjustment or tuning. Personally I'd use the bolt at the bottom for camber and add some more caster at the top. The hole is so small that you could get enough of one or the other, but not both.

C