N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

connector question

General chat related to anything N12.
grunertee

connector question

Post by grunertee »

Hi! Do you know what is this e15et motor wiring harness connector in the pic?

Didn't find use for it when installing the motor..

grunertee
B11 Van E15ET
Alfa Romeo 156 V6 -99 *RIP*
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
N13 CA16DE s/c (toyota sc12) + ic&wmi
*RIP*
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

wow, that not one I recognise.....
The colour of the wire might also help I no one knows what its for.

C
boosted

Re: connector question

Post by boosted »

hello,
im pretty sure it is the prewired connector for the oxygen sensor, useless for our european E15ETs of course ;)

greets
martin

edit: you can also unplug the FICD connector, as you have no A/C i guess ;) it is the single wire-connector on the right on your picture
PAC_ET

Post by PAC_ET »

yes it looks shielded its def for an oxygen sensor
grunertee

Post by grunertee »

PAC_ET wrote:yes it looks shielded its def for an oxygen sensor
Ok, thanks for replies.. :) I fact I dreamed that there is possibility to try this technique with a closed loop. ´Maybe goin to drill a hole for a narrow band lambda, connect it to this connector and follow changes in mixtures with the wide band i allready have (experimental reasons). Cat is also in the car after swapping the engine because of relatively complex european pollution directives in older cars. Anyway good it's possible to try with that loop and easy to inactivate also if needed..

boosted: In fact I've got AC in my N13 earlier (took it out from another N13 and installed it to this car which had E13 engine earlier, a bit lazy with AC on :) ) but had to open the system and take away couple of hoses/tubes to the compressor because the turbo was there in E15et and tubes didn't fit.. Going to activate AC later again with modified tubes.

grunertee
B11 Van E15ET
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
*RIP*
boosted

Post by boosted »

grunertee wrote: Ok, thanks for replies.. :) I fact I dreamed that there is possibility to try this technique with a closed loop. ´Maybe goin to drill a hole for a narrow band lambda, connect it to this connector and follow changes in mixtures with the wide band i allready have (experimental reasons). Cat is also in the car after swapping the engine because of relatively complex european pollution directives in older cars. Anyway good it's possible to try with that loop and easy to inactivate also if needed..
that could work, if the closed loop function isn't disabled in the ecu (via hard or software). we could investigate that further if you want....
grunertee wrote: boosted: In fact I've got AC in my N13 earlier (took it out from another N13 and installed it to this car which had E13 engine earlier, a bit lazy with AC on :) ) but had to open the system and take away couple of hoses/tubes to the compressor because the turbo was there in E15et and tubes didn't fit.. Going to activate AC later again with modified tubes.
grunertee
Nice:)
grunertee

Post by grunertee »

"that could work, if the closed loop function isn't disabled in the ecu (via hard or software). we could investigate that further if you want...."

I would be very thankful for additional info about this! Lambda is not mentioned in my N12 turbo manual.. I've got 4 ECUs, in two of those pn is 23710-28M04, in one 23710-28M03 and in one 23710-28M05. :? How does these differ with this respect???

Should this oxy-sensor connector pin give some voltage right after startup or later?

grunertee
B11 Van E15ET
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
*RIP*
ziddy0786

hello

Post by ziddy0786 »

That is defo oxygen sensor buddy
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

AFAIK, closed loop control is seriously limited if anything at all.
Dudes run with/without egos senders and nobody has noted anything.
Dont go getting too excited just yet.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
grunertee

Post by grunertee »

tassuperkart wrote:AFAIK, closed loop control is seriously limited if anything at all.
Dudes run with/without egos senders and nobody has noted anything.
Dont go getting too excited just yet.
L8r
E
Not so exciting performance mod.. :shock: :) If it's like CA16DE:s system, its seems to be relatively (suitably? 8) ) limited really (not working at high speeds, when accelerating rapidly or if engine is cold, works only short periods at idle, doesn't work if gives rich signal over 10s)

Anyway..This 23710-28M05 is not so surprisingly latest model i've got, from february 1986->
In nissan4u.com there's also another box feb. -86-> which has pn 23710-29M11 Shouldn't those latest boxes be such which could take lambda signals into consideration? Both or only one of those? :?
B11 Van E15ET
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
*RIP*
boosted

Post by boosted »

grunertee wrote:Should this oxy-sensor connector pin give some voltage right after startup or later?
Measuring the voltage on this pin won't give you usefull information because the ECU senses voltage coming from the oxygen sensor.
Btw, do you know which ECU pin number the oxygen sensor connects to? I don't have my spare loom around right now....
grunertee wrote: Anyway..This 23710-28M05 is not so surprisingly latest model i've got, from february 1986->
In nissan4u.com there's also another box feb. -86-> which has pn 23710-29M11 Shouldn't those latest boxes be such which could take lambda signals into consideration? Both or only one of those? :?
Those 29M ECUs are switzerland-versions, they are rated at a few kWs less, maybe because of emission regulations, but even these were not equiped with cat converters...

greets
martin
grunertee

Post by grunertee »

Hmm, interesting. :) Found this text:
"
The Unleaded Cars
From January 1, 1986, all cars sold in Australia had to run on unleaded fuel, with both the EXA and ET modified by the manufacturer to run on the lower octane brew. Although the compression ratio was raised from 7.4 to 8.0:1, peak power on the lower octane fuel dropped from 77kW to 75kW, with torque down marginally from 157 to 152Nm. (Both maxima were still developed at the same rpm.) For unleaded fuel, a catalytic converter was added to the exhaust and the engine management system gained an exhaust gas oxygen sensor. The turbo was significantly upgraded, with the previous air-cooled design being replaced by a water-cooled version.
..."

Which ecu pn:s are there in Australia in cars which have or have got earlier functioning lambda?
B11 Van E15ET
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
*RIP*
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

grunertee wrote:Which ecu pn:s are there in Australia in cars which have or have got earlier functioning lambda?
You want a leaded ECU? I have a spare.
grunertee

Post by grunertee »

Kimmo wrote:
grunertee wrote:Which ecu pn:s are there in Australia in cars which have or have got earlier functioning lambda?
You want a leaded ECU? I have a spare.
Did you mean "UNleaded ecu"? :? (ecu that takes lambda input signals into consideration). Or is it possible to use closed loop with all ecus? What's the part number you've got in the ecu? :)
B11 Van E15ET
Volvo V40 D2 -14
N13 E15ET (a/c) *RIP*
*RIP*
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Oops, had a feeling I wasn't following.

It's leaded. I can get back to you with the part # if you like...