N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Cons old et???

General chat related to anything N12.
crud88

Cons old et???

Post by crud88 »

Hey all im currently the owner of cons old et that still stand number 4 on the top 10 list, im just wanting to know if anyoneon here knows very much about it or would have the specs on it? I've blown a gearbox up already, only owned it since Christmas and it is not an et box so I would love to know Wat it is??? It has custom cvs that are larger and has an LSD in the box, I've heard it is a n14 sr20 box but would love to know for sure?
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

i spoke to Con a few years ago and he told me what it was, but i cant remember exactly now. Im sure he said the whole exercise was very expensive to make. The CV's are larger than normal, i think it had a VLSD in it too.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

When I spoke to him last he mentioned putting and LSD from something else, like a honda, into a modified N12 case...

might be simplest to revert to a standard gearbox and drive shafts while you slowly figure out what bits are inside.

C
crud88

Post by crud88 »

Yer I've already got a standard box and setup back in there now but not sure how long it's gunna last and can't get much traction with the single legger lane jumper lol! I don't think that it is an n12 box cause the lay shaft is bigger, the bottom selector is alot beefier and cast steel and the case is a little different looking with webbing n shit around it and there is double the amount of bolt holes for the diff! But other than that it is fairly similar to n12. If anyone knows how to get in contact with con that would be the go!!![/img]
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

I thought I read somewhere ages ago, that Con's car was fitted with a Toyota gearbox. Could be wrong though.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car