N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

8mm or 10mm fuel hose??? rx7 injectors

General chat related to anything N12.
n12sumfin

8mm or 10mm fuel hose??? rx7 injectors

Post by n12sumfin »

the tail on the injectors are 10.41 mm compared to the fuel rail which is 7.92, what fuel hose did you guys use? ive got 5/16th here and its a bitch only getting it about 5mm on.
n12sumfin

kk

Post by n12sumfin »

yeah i had a good look on the net and nothing is covered about this but i found that the standard 13bt injectors use 3/8 fuel line so that makes sense as to why it doesn't fit, just means i need to get a bigger fuel hose and clamp the shit outta it, i would assume, unless other people have just made bigger fuel rails.
Kimmo

Re: kk

Post by Kimmo »

n12sumfin wrote:just means i need to get a bigger fuel hose and clamp the shit outta it,
Doesn't sound like a good move... I'd say you need to sleeve the bigger hose with the next size down or something.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Use the 10mm (3/8") hose and just make a new rail using 10mm "T" pieces and appropriate t-bolt clamps.

Looks shit but works fine and your not getting funky with oversize hose on undersize barbs and vice versa.
Gives you the option of feeding the "rail" from the middle rather than from one end if thats an issue for you.

Ive even read of dudes drilling out the 8mm hose to get it over the 10mm tail on the o-ring injector ....eeeeyew!.

A note on RX-7 injectors.
These are not a very good choice as an injector on a road engine due to the unfavourable spray pattern from them which is peculiar to rotors and being too large for just about anything we can dish up.
Leads to difficulty tuning them down low and getting reasonable idling.

A better choice is RB26 injectors (440cc top fed) Usually around 220 to 250 per set of 6 on SAU forums.

Note: RB20/25 injectors are side feed type. No good.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.