N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

hrmm

General chat related to anything N12.
dahurldog

hrmm

Post by dahurldog »

I know this has been proven to be a gimmick, but read the bit about putting it between the intercooler and the inlet manifold...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electric-Superch ... dZViewItem

could work? instant boost at idle?

99% sure its bullshit though....
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

lol, probably pushes out 300cfm, really think it would keep up?.

Most of the 20hp gain!@#!I@#H would come from the pod filter replacing the standard airbox setup hahaha

ohh and a good dyno chart... tells me somthing made a difference.... what and how much we dont know though :roll:
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Can the Generation 1 be used with a mechanical turbo?

Yes, The Generation 1 can be placed between the intercooler and the inlet manifold, this will generate boost in the lower rev range and eleviate mechanical turbo lag.

And after that it will choke your intake as the boost pressure from your real turbo deestroy's it..
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
daz

Post by daz »

I mean in theory... if you had a decent enough Fan on an NA engine it would do a lot more than a regular Cold Air Intake which in any case is arguably not much...

Personally I think its a bit of a wank though the 20hp claim is well insane I think 2hp is more likely
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

Note both dyno readings may be taken with it fitted... one switched on one switched off. it would restrict less switched on accountin for the difference?? I read a very good article reviewing one once.. used a little fan like out of a pc hahaha.. went deep into the calculations and figured the wattage and whatnot required to electrically supercharge... like a massive bank of batteries with solid 2cm thick power lines etc etc.
There are some on ebay.. that advertise with a battery bank and electrically powered centrifugal supercharging... that lasts for 20 seconds or so then has to recharge. Sounds a lot more genuine.. but u may as well just set up a pulley for it :P
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406t ... ercharger/

i cant find the good article.. o well nothin gives me giggle like when this comes up
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

wassup i believe i had read that article you mention. they were saying that to drive the electric supercharger the motor needed to be a high torque high rpm brushless motor. like a super efficient washing machine motor with huge rev range. the problem was the current needed to drive that would have required 25-30mm thick leads and a large array of 3v Led acid batteries..

when you consider that a supercharger can use 60-70kw's on a medium sized engine then you need to realise is, that is 60-70,000watts of power. Now, what kind of battery power would you need to run that..!

figure that an human exerting him/herself running can max out at 900watts for short periods, walking up stairs is about 200watts, a light bulb is between 60-100watts and it gives you some idea of the power capacity you'll need to match a belt driven supercharger...
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.