N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Fuel Injectors

General chat related to anything N12.
xr6eta

Fuel Injectors

Post by xr6eta »

Is there a definitive way to tell ca18det injectors from the numbered markings on the injector themselves without having to have them flow tested. If anyone has a set that they know for a fact are ca18det injectors not installed I would be interested to know the various numbers marked on them. I have 4 different sets of injectors that I will put the numbers here tomorrow when I get a chance but tonight, I'm just putting it out there.
I have just received a set from SET23L and the numbers are different to our standards but I brought them knowing it was only word of mouth that said they were ca18det and I just thought how little we know about them from there physical appearance. I might even take the list to Nissan but if anyone has any injectors lying around, take the time to get the numbers of them and see where we go with it.

Cheers.
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Obviously fuck all interest but I will persist for all of you who claim you have ca18det injectors in and have never bothered to actually find out or had them flow tested to show they are any better or different to the standard injectors. The sets I have are as follows:

When looking at the injector with the plug on the left hand side there is a little rectangle plate on the side with the letters A46-00. This is standard on all 5 sets of injectors I have.

All four sets of Nissan Injectors have a blue/green top on them. They also share the same 4 digits immediately to the right of the plug on top.
The set which have been flow tested at 200cc have an orange/yellow top and are believed to be out a standard vl commodore.

The other numbers are as marked below and these numbers appear further around on the top just above the made in japan rectangle plate. The injectors I have just purchased are the ones marked ca18det (5) and the orange ones are the vl (1).

1 vl IJ20 7918M
2 5340 3X198
3 5340 65160
4 5340 5227N
5 ca18det 5340 59130

Any interest at all will be good. I will attempt to go to a Nissan Dealership tomorrow and put this list to them to see what they know.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Ca18det injectors from memory were white top or red. The blue green are RB30/E15et

I got mine with fuel rail and all they were 100% ca18det had them flow tested. I believe ETking has these injectors in his possession atm
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Panda_ET wrote:Ca18det injectors from memory were white top or red. The blue green are RB30/E15et

I got mine with fuel rail and all they were 100% ca18det had them flow tested. I believe ETking has these injectors in his possession atm
This is exactly my point, I realise there is infinity knowledge within this group and it is always appreciated but going from memory above, there is another 2 color tops thrown into the equation. How many of you have what you believe to be ca18det injectors but your injectors and blue/green or something else. I hope by the time I am finished hounding on this, we will have a way of telling without having to get them flow tested. For some this is easy enough but for us with very little equipment and knowledge, this turns into a very expensive exercise.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

I have 6 that are supposed to be ca18det and 4 that are supposed to be fj20t. All of them have the same a46-00 number and all have an off white top. I don't know how to tell them apart except by getting them flowed.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
Damo

Post by Damo »

Paul Smith wrote:I have 6 that are supposed to be ca18det and 4 that are supposed to be fj20t. All of them have the same a46-00 number and all have an off white top. I don't know how to tell them apart except by getting them flowed.
the 'a46-00' is a Nissan number. Have a look on the top of the plastic part of the body.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

xr6eta wrote:
1 vl IJ20 7918M
2 5340 3X198
3 5340 65160
4 5340 5227N
5 ca18det 5340 59130
Follow up thanks to DAMO spending a good few hours at my place tonight testing above injectors. 2, 3, 4, and 5 above all with the standard blue/green tops flowed the same. Although measurements aren't as precise as on a flow testing machine the answers we got were conclusive. It would appear as though the injectors with the blue/green top regardless of the different numbers on them are standard e15et injectors. If someone tells you any different to sell them to you, ask for a flow report as you will be dissappointed.

Also Nissan were unable to help in the quest for identification and Autopro were also not able to help with any catalogue numbers for parts.

Bottom line, if you are buying injectors from anyone that are claimed to be a specific item, unless you know the history of the injectors personally, the only way to tell would be by flow testing before parting with any dollars.

Glad to hear any other input. Thanks BennyET for the 2 links. Very interesting.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

3214A - fj20t?

9209N - ca18det?
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
Damo

Post by Damo »

I think we need to look strongly at the colours that Nissan use on its different engines and compile a list cross referencing both. With pics would be good too.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
pulsar 888

Post by pulsar 888 »

factory FJ20 injectors (short intake manifold)

2744 - 3923B / Green top.

Just thought I would throw another number in the mix ( prob more hinderance than help..... sorry !)