N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

How do i find out what turbo i have?

General chat related to anything N12.
BADET-4

How do i find out what turbo i have?

Post by BADET-4 »

As above im trying to find out what turbo i have pretty much because i just feel stupid when people ask and i say "I dunno?"
All i no about it is it says m24 on it, Its a BB Turbo and its water and oil cooled i think it rates around 350,400hp from what the previous owner told me (tho i believe everything he says to be bullshit now)
Ive been told by some that its a T25, And ive been told by others its a T25G. I've also been told its a Hybrid of the two. Is there any sure fire way of knowing what i have?
Cheers in advance fella's

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

A/R's off the turbine and compressor housing would be a good start. Does it have a slip on snout (turbo inlet) or a 2 bolt inlet?
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Panda_ET wrote:A/R's off the turbine and compressor housing would be a good start. Does it have a slip on snout (turbo inlet) or a 2 bolt inlet?
From what i saw it was a t25g but had 6 bolts on the exust side of the turbo witch i have been told that means that it is bb
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Post us a couple of pix of it and we'll tell ya
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

BADET-4 wrote:Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BADET-4 wrote:Image

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

T25. A T25G has a t bolt copmpressor outlet.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

T25G BB unit has slip on snout BUT that doesnt have the right a/r for a BB T25g. So as PG said its a T25 off a ca18det nice little turbo they go well but def not a 400hp unit
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Try 180-200hp fairly un efficiently :P
Good steet turbo tho
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

So the T25 BB that i Have is rated the same HP? 180-200?

ET87

Post by ET87 »

6 bolt dump pipe isn't that a skyline r33 turbo?
nz_n12turbo

Post by nz_n12turbo »

BADET-4 wrote:So the T25 BB that i Have is rated the same HP? 180-200?
garrett changed from the gt2860r or somthing to the gt2560(which from the pics is what you have) your turbo is good for alot more than a t25 bb from an aviner
i cant remember what power it is but i think its around the 250-320 mark but i havnt looked in a few years

the turbo in the pics above looks like a normal everyday t25 from a ca18
84ETPULSAR

Post by 84ETPULSAR »

I don't think its a GT2560R because that's the turbo I have and its nothing like that. Your best bet man is to call adelaide turbo services, ask for bill and describe the turbo to him. He is a smart one and could probly tell you what it is.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Sorry to burst your bubble mate it ain't BB(unles its some kind of hybrid that someone has whacked together). It's a T25 from a CA18DET.
Forget Dump bolt numbers its a T25 front end since there isnt a pic of the turbine Im sticking with T25, wish people would stop with the it has this many bolts so it must be this because 95% of the time they are wrong anyway. If it was true then the GT2860R and GT2560R dump wouldnt fit with a T25 gasket/dump pipe would it? Well they use the same gasket and dump so that 'X' number of bolts thingo means nothing. /Rant

If it had a .80 compressor housing then you would have an Avenir BB T25G, but you got more chance of finding rocking horse shit these days lol(In aus anyway, rocking horses shit more in NZ)

All in all its a great little turboas long as its not smokey and will produce plenty of street power dont panic if it isnt Ball bearing yes they are great but does it really matter unless your mates are ricer and read hot4's and rave about meaningless shit all day
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Panda_ET wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble mate it ain't BB(unles its some kind of hybrid that someone has whacked together). It's a T25 from a CA18DET.
Forget Dump bolt numbers its a T25 front end since there isnt a pic of the turbine Im sticking with T25, wish people would stop with the it has this many bolts so it must be this because 95% of the time they are wrong anyway. If it was true then the GT2860R and GT2560R dump wouldnt fit with a T25 gasket/dump pipe would it? Well they use the same gasket and dump so that 'X' number of bolts thingo means nothing. /Rant

If it had a .80 compressor housing then you would have an Avenir BB T25G, but you got more chance of finding rocking horse shit these days lol(In aus anyway, rocking horses shit more in NZ)

All in all its a great little turboas long as its not smokey and will produce plenty of street power dont panic if it isnt Ball bearing yes they are great but does it really matter unless your mates are ricer and read hot4's and rave about meaningless shit all day
you should here it when he turns the car off you can here it spinning for some time and it definatly sounds lol bb all i know is that some turbs dude told me that if it has six bolts holding the exuste housing onto the center of the turbs then its a bb so he has one hell of a hybrid
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh I got told the same shit but considering the ones we pulled apart with 6 bolts that werent BB core I dont beleive any of it anymore, haha thats why we pulled so many turbos apart.

Sorry it just looks like a Stock Ca18det turbo with a polished housing that is in good condition lol. Does it have a restrictor in the oil feed line? as it would need one if it was a BB core
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com