N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

twin turbos?

General chat related to anything N12.
willdog

twin turbos?

Post by willdog »

I did a search for any discussion regarding twin turbos being set up on n12's but came up with nothing.

Is a sequential set up possible from a 1.5 litre to spool the cute t2 for the low end ....and have a t28 take ova? Can it be done....and would it be any good?

Will.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Re: twin turbos?

Post by Ash »

willdog wrote:I did a search for any discussion regarding twin turbos being set up on n12's but came up with nothing.

Is a sequential set up possible from a 1.5 litre to spool the cute t2 for the low end ....and have a t28 take ova? Can it be done....and would it be any good?

Will.
you need to have a chat with Ben Hewitson about that idea. he started making a sequential setup a couple of years ago but gave up. it is doable but really is a lot of fucking around!
baz

Post by baz »

Would be very interesting to see how one would go tho
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

I really think if its what you want to do then be one of the first.

But i do beleive the T2 & T28 would be way too big for only a 1.5L I'd suggest a couple of amaller turbos

Here is a pick i stumbled apon the other day.. you could do something along the lines of....

Cheers,
Dexi
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=446 Benny's Old Dog....
Bringing New life to the Young Dog...
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=348
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Can be done.
Worth it............?

If you want low down spooling and high end output, go the simple ans cheap setup with laughing gas and a big turbo.

Proven system, relatively cheap and simple to setup.

L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
willdog

Post by willdog »

Cheers guys,

I think Nitrous will be more viable then. I will look into it.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

willdog wrote:Cheers guys,

I think Nitrous will be more viable then. I will look into it.
just make sure it is fully disconnected before driving on public roads! massive fine of you get caught with it hooked up.
Andjeti

Post by Andjeti »

Ash wrote: just make sure it is fully disconnected before driving on public roads! massive fine if you get caught with it hooked up.
I've always wanted to do a Nitrous oxide installation ala Vin Diesel's RX7 in The Fast and The Furious. Hidden under the seat or some such thing.

Maybe under the back seat, Just drive with it turned off, when you are on the track, just rip out the base of the rear seat, turn it on and away you go.
"Dog's go Woof Woof. Wog's go Doof Doof"
ET Turbo Decal Reproductions
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Wouldn' this setup make the smaller turbs choke?

:?
dexi_styles wrote:I really think if its what you want to do then be one of the first.

But i do beleive the T2 & T28 would be way too big for only a 1.5L I'd suggest a couple of amaller turbos

Here is a pick i stumbled apon the other day.. you could do something along the lines of....

Cheers,
Dexi
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

It does yea, hard too tune I believe!! smaller turbos can't or arn't made to spin as hard as a bigger turbo!! thats why u wouldnt go a T2 turbo with a T28 lol.
alot of people get rid of twin turbo setups on those GTR skyline and go a single turbo setup, got about 5mates that did very high powered nissans with only single turbos..
My ET is much like my woman! except my ET is always on all 4's...........
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

unique_ET_N12 wrote:It does yea, hard too tune I believe!! smaller turbos can't or arn't made to spin as hard as a bigger turbo!! thats why u wouldnt go a T2 turbo with a T28 lol.
alot of people get rid of twin turbo setups on those GTR skyline and go a single turbo setup, got about 5mates that did very high powered nissans with only single turbos..
the whole idea of this sequential twin turb setup is to have both driveability down low and top end neck snapping power. most of us here know how shit low down driveabilty is with a big single on our n12's.

if one of us were to run into some extra money and were keen to go sequential then i reckon using an exhaust flap manifold with say a GT15 sized hurbo for low rpm to mid range then swap over to a GT28R sized hurb from say 3/5 to 4G upwards. just a rough idea.

like i wrote ealier, Ben Hewitson was the closest as far as i know to completing a sequential turbo setup on an E15ET. if someone can hunt him down then they will find a great fountain of knowledge on this subject.
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

some good people that have great connections, my mates at AutoMotive Performance at Acacia Ridge could help their too! very very smart guys
My ET is much like my woman! except my ET is always on all 4's...........
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

unique_ET_N12 wrote:It does yea, hard too tune I believe!! smaller turbos can't or arn't made to spin as hard as a bigger turbo!! thats why u wouldnt go a T2 turbo with a T28 lol.
That doesnt make it the best option for GTR's though. Please look at the Mines Ultimate GTR still has twins and on a track would whoop the ass off the big single beasts .

Although saying that for such a small capacity engine not worth the time and efort unless your willing to do it all yoruself and willing to make a lot of mistakes in the process haha
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
n12sumfin

k

Post by n12sumfin »

or what about twoogle first in the country for a 9 sec pass with low mounted twins.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

hmmmmmm very interesting i wonder how this sequential setup woud go on my stroker with lets say a gt2052 and a gt2860rs, iv mastered making equal length exhaust manifolds and i wouldnt mind making this setup :D :D