N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

no ehaust sensors

General chat related to anything N12.
skez

no ehaust sensors

Post by skez »

i have bought a 86 et with no 02 or the other sensor in the exhaust? wat should this cause the car to do??

it runs buts sits on high revs and smokes alot. before i notice the sensors missing i just assumed the engine was stuffed but now im thinking maybe having the sensors gone is making it rich which is causing smoke and high revs?
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate, doesn't really make any difference. the car will run fine.

The ET's ECU's doen't fuel as per o2 sensor. Im sure someone will write a long ass thread about this for you...cough cough* "E"

:lol:
skez

Post by skez »

true wo why are they needed then?
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

they apparently turn the aircond fan on and off for extra cooling. But not needed the car will run fine without it. (this applies to pre 86 car in Australia!!!!)

C
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

My setup doesn't have one. there was no provision for one either.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
skez

Post by skez »

my car is an 86 and if the engine is stuffed im putting my other engine in which is a 87 model and both my cars have 2 sensors on exhaust next to the turbo
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Callum there were some models with O2 sensors as well as temperature probes in the exhaust. Skez is the smoke black though? are you sure its related to fuel?
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Find out from who you brought it off, how long it's been blowing smoke for and or what he thinks the smoke is from. hopefully air/fuel ratio and no problems.. most likely been thrashed though, mine was when I first brought it in 2007 the guy just hammered it into the ground. Bone dry in the sump, no oil and the turbo had shaft play
My ET is much like my woman! except my ET is always on all 4's...........
skez

Post by skez »

shanec86 wrote:Callum there were some models with O2 sensors as well as temperature probes in the exhaust. Skez is the smoke black though? are you sure its related to fuel?
yeh it is definatly an 02 sensor and it also has the temp sensor and i cant really remember wat colour the smoke was but it was reving high aswell i cant start it unless i put the turbo back on as i pulled it off beacause i was changing the engine then i noticed the dump pipe had no sensors as they used a different one to suit the t25 turbo, and i found the wires that are meant to go to the 2 sensors so the car is deffinatly meant to have them
skez

Post by skez »

i really thought that pulling an o2 sensor off a car that is meant to have it would make it run rich and maybe rev more as i thought this was the whole point of having the sensor there, maybe some of u have older models that dont have 02 sensors
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

revs could be due to air flow metre air/fuel setting..
idle setting or ICV valve maybe if wiring is the problem or u had lights on or something
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

The o2 sensor on these are not there for it to be a Fully closed loop design where it changes its fuel curve by a fair amount dont give this ECU too much credit haha its a very basic unit when it comes down to it. You really need to work out the Smoke colour before worrying about anything else. bLack /blue/white.

Also why did you change the engine was it possibly blowing oil out the exhaust? oil still in the exhaust mebbe? mine did that when I changed the T2 to the T25 it smoked for a week or so before it settled down
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
unique_ET_N12

Post by unique_ET_N12 »

Yea and mine was never connected, not needed with standard computer doesn't react off it
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

If its black fuel smoke then when people go WTF mate just say its a fully hecktic Jap spec Tune lol Fuel smoke is for cool peeps just ask any wanker..Oops I mean drifter
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Damo

Post by Damo »

Panda_ET wrote:If its black fuel smoke then when people go WTF mate just say its a fully hecktic Jap spec Tune lol Fuel smoke is for cool peeps just ask any wanker..Oops I mean drifter

^^^^^ Jap spec for sure. :D Those buggers like to fuel them HARDCORE! Every single import from Japan which has been tweaked, has the massive soot stain over the rear of the car. Nutbags.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y