N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

E15ET

General chat related to anything N12.
Insane tuning

E15ET

Post by Insane tuning »

Hello,
I'm after some Info.... have a stock E15ET lump sat in my workshop... i'm selling my Evo and bikes to just do my cherry/pulsar ET.
I'd like to get hold of some oversized piston's (0.5mm or 1mm), anyone know where i could get these from?

Also... Race bearing's? i use ACL lot with Mitsy 4G63 lumps.. but never found anyone that dose any for the E15ET?

Finally best headgasket to run? going to be running around 1/1.2bar boost. Remember years ago people talking about copper one's? i've found conetic metal one's but only ever used one of these on a GTI-R.

Any help would be great!
Cheers for looking
Toby
Kimmo

Re: E15ET

Post by Kimmo »

Insane tuning wrote:Any help would be great!
Don't use apostrophes to make plurals : p

...Seriously, someone'll be along soon with some tips for you ; )

You'll prolly have to wait till this side of the planet's facing the sun
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I'd just usa a standard Gasket. ACL makes them. Part code for the head set is BK440MT.

Stuff a copper gasket, chances are it would leak, unless you O-ring the block and the head. Just use the standard spec one.

I think ACL in aussie might be closing, right guys?
chezza

Post by chezza »

Don't say that it's closing now because i need to get a rebuild kit.
Dam
Keep cherry turbo's goin
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Any custom piston shop will be able to do a set of pistons, if you give them your required measurements. Special Piston Services in Melbourne can do them. Arias do them too. ACL do them thru Repco, as part -or separate- to a rebuild kit... but I don't know how long they will continue. But do you actually need them? Have a look at the engine first. You might be able to get away with new rings and a light hone? Unless the engine went "kablammmo".

I am using 2mm (80thou) oversize special piston services forged pistons. They are OK. Noisy when cold though. And in all honesty not really required, even for club circuit work in my opinion anyway.

Conrod and Mains bearings....well I use a set of 10thou undersize ACL conrod and main bearings. They work great but they are not specific 'race' bearings. Do you need that? The generic stuff works fine on some really high horsepower engines on this site have a read.. Damo, Ben, Tas, are all good examples of people doing this. Bearings on my engine seem OK.. I have been circuit racing once a month for over 4 years with them, and they are fine. Plus probably 5000-7000 road kays per year on top of the racing....But my engine doesn't make a whole heap of power compared to some of the other jiggas around here.

So hopefully that helps. Repco and Bursons are retailers over here that should be able to ship stuff over to you. Look them up on the Interweb :)

Also East Coast Auto Spares are very helpful. PH: 03 9570 6188. They are another retailer I have been using lately and are very helpful/expierienced.

Darren.
Race it.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

photoglossy wrote:I'd just usa a standard Gasket. ACL makes them. Part code for the head set is BK440MT.

Stuff a copper gasket, chances are it would leak, unless you O-ring the block and the head. Just use the standard spec one.

I think ACL in aussie might be closing, right guys?
i think currently I am keeping it afloat with my tax dollars lol theiving management
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

This may help save you a lot of time, money & grief:

Keep your evo - sell your n12!
an evo is better stock than an n12 ever could be!
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Oh FFS...................
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
baz

Post by baz »

I agree with Ando on that one lol
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

He didnt ask for opinions or speculation on whether he wants to keep one car in favour of another or the pros and cons of any of them. He knows what he wants.
Furthermore, he wants plain and simple info on sourcing engine parts. The questions were plain, clear and specific.

It isnt too difficult, either help him out on topic (which is what he asked for) or just keep out of it and stop whoring his thread eh???

There, nice and easy like.
L8r
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Insane tuning

Post by Insane tuning »

The main reason i want to get oversized piston's is because i have had a custom turbo made.. its using slightly larger housing so to aid quicker spool and bit more torque. do you have any contact info please dude? not sure of any custom shop's around here... could ask a few companys that i use.

Running the thicker Headgasket was purly to make sure the engine will be as reliable as possible due to the boost being up'd abit.

Have you got the part number for the ACL bearing's mate? as there not listed in my UK list nor at a race co i use... no the race series prob aren't needed but like to over engineer things so fingers crossed nothing will fail ;)

Will give the lads a call one night... or shall i say one of your mornings.

Cheers for your help dude, good luck for the next meet ;)
Timmzy wrote:Any custom piston shop will be able to do a set of pistons, if you give them your required measurements. Special Piston Services in Melbourne can do them. Arias do them too. ACL do them thru Repco, as part -or separate- to a rebuild kit... but I don't know how long they will continue. But do you actually need them? Have a look at the engine first. You might be able to get away with new rings and a light hone? Unless the engine went "kablammmo".

I am using 2mm (80thou) oversize special piston services forged pistons. They are OK. Noisy when cold though. And in all honesty not really required, even for club circuit work in my opinion anyway.

Conrod and Mains bearings....well I use a set of 10thou undersize ACL conrod and main bearings. They work great but they are not specific 'race' bearings. Do you need that? The generic stuff works fine on some really high horsepower engines on this site have a read.. Damo, Ben, Tas, are all good examples of people doing this. Bearings on my engine seem OK.. I have been circuit racing once a month for over 4 years with them, and they are fine. Plus probably 5000-7000 road kays per year on top of the racing....But my engine doesn't make a whole heap of power compared to some of the other jiggas around here.

So hopefully that helps. Repco and Bursons are retailers over here that should be able to ship stuff over to you. Look them up on the Interweb :)

Also East Coast Auto Spares are very helpful. PH: 03 9570 6188. They are another retailer I have been using lately and are very helpful/expierienced.

Darren.
Insane tuning

Post by Insane tuning »

Dude i work for mitsy and run alot of track cars for friends... The evo is already a track toy so to take it further your talking mega money!!
The N12 is just wicked, old school... just Pure fun to drive, just add a little more power and better brakes and she's a peach ;).

Android 360 wrote:This may help save you a lot of time, money & grief:

Keep your evo - sell your n12!
an evo is better stock than an n12 ever could be!
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Any idea what to do for a brake conversion?

Callum's done a great post on it.
Insane tuning

Post by Insane tuning »

You are a top bloke ;) i work for mitsy so parts will be cost :D wicked!! and top man Callum! good thread.

Cheers for your help fella!!
Kimmo wrote:Any idea what to do for a brake conversion?

Callum's done a great post on it.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

It's definitely worth reading through the article section.

There's gold to be had : )