N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Can i legally front mount my intercooler?

General chat related to anything N12.
BADET-4

Can i legally front mount my intercooler?

Post by BADET-4 »

Hi again,
Just wondering if i can legally front mount my intercooler? Also are intercoolers standard on the ETs? If so is going larger legal in SA? Like 600x300?
Anyone with any experience on this, Input would be greatly appreciated.
Also if it is legal what makes it illegal? Cutting bumper,skirt rtc.
Cheers!

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
Ignoranus (ĭg'nə-rā'nəs) A person who is both stupid and an arsehole.
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

well no ets and exas wernt factory intercooled, im not sure about SA but in vic its intercooler upgrade(fitting or upgrading stock one) or pod filter for some stupid reason
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Yeah like blueet has said in victoria you can fit a front mount intercooler as long as you havent already fitted a pod filter, but give me an intercooler over pod filter anyday. This is also providing you dont hack the car up to fit it.
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

in south oz (the best state) you can fit it so long as it doesnt protrude past your bumper and you dont cut into the main support frame BUT remeber we do live in adelaide the defect state so they can and will defect you for anything thay like my mates vs got defected for bulled tyres and too low so he fixed went to regency and the sent him away with a new defect becuse he didnt have water in his squirter bottle. true story just show what its like here hay lol
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

et_rider wrote:in south oz (the best state) you can fit it so long as it doesnt protrude past your bumper and you dont cut into the main support frame BUT remeber we do live in adelaide the defect state so they can and will defect you for anything thay like my mates vs got defected for bulled tyres and too low so he fixed went to regency and the sent him away with a new defect becuse he didnt have water in his squirter bottle. true story just show what its like here hay lol
Tell me bout it, I got defected for 18's on my commodore when they arent even more than 2"s above standard!!! But try telling that to the officer, No... So had to pay to get it cleared WITH THE RIMS STILL ON!!!! Got cleared. lol how stupid. They say they can defect for "suspicion of a defect" So we have to pay $$$ to prove its not.

Passhole (păs'hōl') The person who has been driving slowly for ages but speeds up the moment one tries to get ahead of him.
Sarchasm (sär'kăz'əm) The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.
BADET-4

Post by BADET-4 »

et_rider wrote:you can fit it so long as it doesnt protrude past your bumperl
By past do you mean in front or below the bumper? Or both? I notice you live in Craigmore, I live in Andrews Farm. Is your ET on the road?

et_rider

Post by et_rider »

BADET-4 wrote:
et_rider wrote:you can fit it so long as it doesnt protrude past your bumperl
By past do you mean in front or below the bumper? Or both? I notice you live in Craigmore, I live in Andrews Farm. Is your ET on the road?
um behind it has to be cant be lower then the standered hight of the cars to below your kit and you cant cut up your bumber or grill for that matter

no the poosar is getting close i have all of the gaskets and the head for it know so all that is left is the bolts that the dog ate lol and its done yes i live fairly close to you we should def catch up or something i will PM you my digits if you like mate just give us a call after the working time and were all good
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
aeropix

Post by aeropix »

Whats going on pulsars in the North. I live in MacDonald Park although i have a Pulexa....Ian
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

They say they can defect for "suspicion of a defect" So we have to pay $$$ to prove its not.[/quote]

Has anyone tried to pull the a-holes on and actually found out whether they can do you on a suspicion. It sounds like a load of shit to me and if you prove it is, take them to task on it. I was a copper for 10 years and you can bullshit anything to anyone so long as you make it sound legit. I didn't have a clue but you just did it, especially if the driver comes out with some attitude. Check it out.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

xr6eta wrote:I was a copper for 10 years
O_o

/attempts to commit that to memory

Was that in Canberra?
xr6eta

Post by xr6eta »

Yeah Kimmo but plenty of mates in Melbourne ha ha. Closest I come to them these days is when I get pulled over. At least I know the lingo. Be polite but don't take shit.
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

xr6eta wrote:Be polite but don't take shit.
Game theory tells us something like that is generally the most effective strategy, actually
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

xr6eta wrote:Be polite but don't take shit.
amen to that Glenn!
i have had not long after receiving a bogus canary in my other halfs car gone into the local police station and had the officers responsible called in from patrol. we had a nice little argument over it for 20 minutes where the main officer responsible admitted to me that if he wanted to he could go to the local Holden dealership and defect a brand new showroom vehicle if he wanted to!
nonetheless after a while a few cops came out from the back and soon after the argument was over.
i haven't recieved a canary or any sort of police attention while driving since. it has been a year and a half now. and i see them daily.

i am always polite and if an officer shows respect then i will show him the respect he deserves! if an officer brings an attitude then the claws come out! they also have rules just like we do!