N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

T25 to top mount ET

General chat related to anything N12.
aeropix

T25 to top mount ET

Post by aeropix »

My Pulsar is top mount and want to up-grade turbo to a T25, anyone done that. Was going to use one off a CA18 but would have to alter the manifold somehow to rotate the turbo, then the actuator would be on the wrong angle.
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

its not hard to make a new bracket for the actuator if you have to turn the compressor or turbine side.. its a pretty common mod for an et.. i'll be switching to t28g soon, it's all part of it, unfortunately there's more than just bolting it on, but its well worth it
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

aeropix wrote:My Pulsar is top mount and want to up-grade turbo to a T25, anyone done that. Was going to use one off a CA18 but would have to alter the manifold somehow to rotate the turbo, then the actuator would be on the wrong angle.
Its the most common swap out. Probably 1/2 the people on this site have it.
mad_cow521 wrote:its not hard to make a new bracket for the actuator if you have to turn the compressor or turbine side.. its a pretty common mod for an et.. i'll be switching to t28g soon, it's all part of it, unfortunately there's more than just bolting it on, but its well worth it
I think you mean t25g
mad_cow521

Post by mad_cow521 »

sorry, was talking about 25g's to a friend offline, i meant simply a t28..
aeropix

Post by aeropix »

Yep thanks, I will have another look.
JETETT

Post by JETETT »

heres my old setup with the t25g... its fair easy install

aeropix

Post by aeropix »

Any more pics showing the dump pipe and intercooler pipes.
baz

Post by baz »

You don't need pictures mate, sit the T25G next to the T2 and rotate the exhaust housing and comp housing so it is facing the same way as the T2, Then you can then see how the actuator needs to sit, Make a bracket and bobs your uncle
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Might wanna trial-fit it to get the angles just right
baz

Post by baz »

wouldn't even need to do that, When I stuck my T25 on I just sat it next to my T2, Did it all by eye (took time to make it as spot on as possible) then wacked it on and it was fine, The oil feed line was a CUNT to get on, I tried for at least 2 hours trying to get it on but it wouldn't grab, So i cracked it and stuck the T2 on and sure enough, The feed line went right on, I then thought fuck this, Went back out the next day, Stuck the T25 on and BANG, The feel line went straight on :D ..The exhaust housing is a bit of a bitch to rotate tho, Degrease the bolts up, Give it a hard bash and don't remove the bolts from the housing, Just loosen them of until they are as far out as possible (they will hit the core of the turbo, half preventing them from being removed)..Hit the housing evenly around with a rubber mallet (I used a normal hammer carefully + even hits) and the housing soon pops off. As for the compressor housing just get some cir clip pliers and squeeze hard lol, If that fails get a nail punch and a hammer and stick the nail punch in the hole of the cir clip and give it a tap to loosen it's seal, Do that to both holes and then try again with the pliers, don't remove the cir clip tho, Just squeeze it in and get someone to rotate the housing for u, I did the squeezing of the pliers and my gf turned the housing..I knew she would come in handy somewhere in doing this lol
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute