N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

14 Second 1/4 mile what needs to be done?

General chat related to anything N12.
go-exa

14 Second 1/4 mile what needs to be done?

Post by go-exa »

Hi, just wanting to know what needs to be done to get a 14 second 1/4 mile? I'm currently running a et pulsar with a t2 turbo, exhaust system, pod filter and a intercooler what else needs to be done to get this time? Please give me mod list and power levels? Thanks guys :D
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

All i had was a t25g on 15psi with an intercooler. 2.5'' dump pipe and exhaust until under the sump into a standard exhaust. Oh, and a BOV, which adds nothing... That was on a red top motor and i ran a 14.687@152.41kph. Simple!

The black top motors from my experience don't seem to handle boost as well. I had my red top up to 22psi without any dramas, but on my black top it would struggle with 13psi. Most probably a timing issue, but still there is something special about the red tops.

I'd bolt up a t25g, fo a full 2.5'' exhaust system including dump pipe. Add an intercooler, maybe a mild cam and with a bit of luck you should crack a 14.5 with about 15ish psi
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

I think the red tops are jap spec engine, Sounds like a awesome setup!.

What about a vl fuel pump as well? don't wanna run boost over 12psi as i don't wanna change the ecu or anything like that. So, 13psi is at the limit with stock internals with the black top? What about suspension wize leave it sock or would it help to add lowered springs? of course tyres how would 15 inch rims with low profile tyres go? Any driveline issues? Would i need a heavy duty clutch? The reason I'm asking my brother's and i are going to willowbank at the end of the year and i wanna keep up with them or even show them up. I'd be very happy with anywhere in the 14 sec on the 1/4.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

My wifes old ET ran mid 14 with just t25g, Intercooler and exhaust on about 12psi. Pretty easy, if the motor is in good condition and doesn't have a 'bad head' on it.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

raddavey wrote:My wifes old ET ran mid 14 with just t25g, Intercooler and exhaust on about 12psi. Pretty easy, if the motor is in good condition and doesn't have a 'bad head' on it.
Sounds like a goer. I'm gonna get it checked out and a tune up. Thanks for the info guys.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

photoglossy wrote:..................... but still there is something special about the red tops..
Same motor save for those funky looking rocker/cam belt covers and inlet plenum.

Dont go giving them too much credit.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that they dont have the decent (Nismo) head which Aus motors have standard.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

tassuperkart wrote:
photoglossy wrote:..................... but still there is something special about the red tops..
Same motor save for those funky looking rocker/cam belt covers and inlet plenum.

Dont go giving them too much credit.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that they dont have the decent (Nismo) head which Aus motors have standard.

L8tr
E
I'm speaking from my experience E. Im not to sure if you have played around with one or not, but all i can say is that my RRC is alot better than my BRC.

Some stiff springs will definitely help you keep the front end down and gain traction, but i did my 14's with standard.

If you have a good condition motor, really you can get into the 14's with only $1000.
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

Yes that's what I'm talking about! Anyway i might be buying a bottom end it's got a few goodies and it made 150hp to the wheels on 15psi. Should be good if i get it.
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

Can anybody in the Gold Coast help me put this bottom end into my et pulsar? I'm willing to pay but i can't give u much only a hundred or two.
baz

Post by baz »

Go some NOS aswell :P
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

baz wrote:Go some NOS aswell :P
What like a 50 shot of nos?
Damo

Post by Damo »

14.99 1/4mile:

Stock!, engine, manifolds, ECU, injectors, clutch(possibly).

Decent, exhaust and intercooler. 12-14psi

14.00 1/4mile.

Stock, engine, manifolds, stock ECU.

Decent, exhaust (min 2.5inch), intercooler (min 450x300x50mm), clutch,
15-18psi, sticky tyres, some sort of extra fueling (extra staged injector,
or adjusted fuel pressure), 50mmT/B.

Have a look at my members ride, it has a performance breakdown over the years and what time I have run with what mods.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

photoglossy wrote:
I'm speaking from my experience E. Im not to sure if you have played around with one or not, but all i can say is that my RRC is alot better than my BRC.
Like I said M8, they are the same engine, they just have a couple of funky bits on them.
I have one right here (less funky bits)

If your brc engine dun go as well then there something wrong with it.
This much I can assure you.

There will be valid reasons that dont appear obvious why, possibly several reasons, most likely interelated, which can result in a particular engine being a dog and another going well and its got nothing to do with the colour or shape of the rocker cover M8!!!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
go-exa

Post by go-exa »

Damo wrote:14.99 1/4mile:

Stock!, engine, manifolds, ECU, injectors, clutch(possibly).

Decent, exhaust and intercooler. 12-14psi

14.00 1/4mile.

Stock, engine, manifolds, stock ECU.

Decent, exhaust (min 2.5inch), intercooler (min 450x300x50mm), clutch,
15-18psi, sticky tyres, some sort of extra fueling (extra staged injector,
or adjusted fuel pressure), 50mmT/B.

Have a look at my members ride, it has a performance breakdown over the years and what time I have run with what mods.

Damo
Mate, took a look i can't believe u got a almost flat 13 on the 1/4. Ur car is very impressive, cheers for the info :D :D :D :D :D
Damo

Post by Damo »

Thanks mate.
There are couple of guys on this forum in the same low 13's basket, but if you look at the mph, a good launch should net mid/high 12's.

150kw should get a flat 13 with a top launch.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y