how to hook boost controller up?

General chat related to anything N12.
SEDUCE

how to hook boost controller up?

Post by SEDUCE »

how do u hook up one of these to a t25??? pics would be good
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

If it is just one of the basic types, all you have to do is cut the hose that goes between the turbo actuator and the compressor housing and stick the controller on. Make sure you put it on the correct way as otherwise it wont run right.

Simple as dude. Turn it round a few times and enjoy boost:) I hope you have a good boost gauge... otherwise you wont know how much your running... could be dangerous. Get one of them...
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I'll try to get you some pix if it ever stops raining long enough for me to get to my damn shed!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
SEDUCE

Post by SEDUCE »

NO A DUAL STAGE ONE I GOT A T BOOST CONTROLLER BUT IT IS FUCKED AS I CANT GET MORE THAN 7 PSI BUT IF I DISCONNECT THE LINE FROM ACCUATOR I GET HEAPS MORE
N12 Boy

Post by N12 Boy »

Sound like the actuator is set on 7psi before it opens the wastegate...

But then if the bleed valve is set-up correctly it should "trick" the wastegate into allowing more boost before it bleeds it back into the exhaust.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Dont just disconnest the hose. You will just end up screwing your engine. Regulate it with the boost controller or just run standard boost...
SEDUCE

Post by SEDUCE »

photoglossy wrote:Dont just disconnest the hose. You will just end up screwing your engine. Regulate it with the boost controller or just run standard boost...
good i was just checking to see if the boost controller was working i dont run it with no hose constantly,
i had to make a shorter rod for wastegate soo all i done was drilled a hole before the old hole for wastegate connector and fitted then fitted boost controller and it runs from 5psi to 7 psi
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

Is the boost controller and inline bleed valve? because you will either hook it up with 1 side going to the actuator and 1 side running to a pressure source, then it will have a 'vent' to relieve the pressure from the boost controller. Other wise you will have to use a t-piece and run 1 side of the controller to the t piece and the other side of the boost controller will be the 'vent'.