N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Rear engine mount

General chat related to anything N12.
SashET

Post by SashET »

After taking the car for a spin, I have a sneaking suspicion that the rear engine mount is not aligend or something else isn't sitting exactly where it should because gears are allot harder to engage and somtimes wont go in.

Whats the procedure for aligning this?

Cheers
Sash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Aligning? The exa ones just bolt to either end, no adjustment. The ET one looks the same from Dexi's post. Is you main engine mounts still OK?

C
SashET

Post by SashET »

Callumgw wrote:Aligning? The exa ones just bolt to either end, no adjustment. The ET one looks the same from Dexi's post. Is you main engine mounts still OK?

C
I've heard people talk about aligning/fixing/replacing their rear engine mount that enables them to select gears better without the gear poping out.

I might be on the wrong path here so I'd welcome some feedback

Cheers
Sash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Normally when the mounts perish the engine sinks (causing misalignment) or it becomes too soft, so when you push the gear lever it just pushes the engine rather than putting it into gear.

The solution is normally new or better condition used mounts.

C
SashET

Post by SashET »

Callumgw wrote:Normally when the mounts perish the engine sinks (causing misalignment) or it becomes too soft, so when you push the gear lever it just pushes the engine rather than putting it into gear.

The solution is normally new or better condition used mounts.

C
New engine mount seems like the go here.

I'd also like to ask about the gear selector bushes. Mines fooked and the gear stick can be swung from left to right without anything really holding it in place.

Reading up on this, it seems that you can no longer buy the bushes so i'd like to know how I can make one or is there something else out there that fits?

Cheers
Sash
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

SashET wrote: New engine mount seems like the go here.

I'd also like to ask about the gear selector bushes. Mines fooked and the gear stick can be swung from left to right without anything really holding it in place.

Reading up on this, it seems that you can no longer buy the bushes so i'd like to know how I can make one or is there something else out there that fits?

Cheers
Sash
i asked nissan about replacing all the selector bushes etc (all were available) they sent me a diagram which i posted up here somewhere & the total was under $100 (around $70-$80 i think)

edit: found it

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
SashET

Post by SashET »

Nice exploded view of it all.

I think its this one in the pic, not the one that connects to the gearbox part, the other side that connects to the rod.

We talking about the same part?

Cheers
Sash
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

might be worth fixing the selector before you spend on the engine mounts. Unless they are obviously perished.

Also maybe the NA ones would fit?

C
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Everything from the NA fits.
Its identical dimension and fit wise.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
born2run

Post by born2run »

so to put all this info into plain english.... for strong mounts for the et i can use either exa or n/a pulsar mounts cause they dont flex/move as the turbo et stuff does?
BLUE ET

Post by BLUE ET »

the et ones are little shock absorber looking things but the exa and na pulsars have solid ones that look like a dog bone with a rubber bush at each end. Because all the et ones are old and fucked, the car might have the tendancie to pop out of gear under load or mainly in 5th at 100ks on the freeway as is common, these other mounts are solid and eliminate this problem
SHIT JANICE!!!!!!!!!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

born2run wrote:so to put all this info into plain english.... for strong mounts for the et i can use either exa or n/a pulsar mounts cause they dont flex/move as the turbo et stuff does?

Ahhhhhhhhhh....nope!
For "REPLACEMENT" mounts you can blah blah blah!!!
NA stronger? No.

They (NA mounts) do flex and move, just as much. Possibly more.
Except the ET mounts movement is dampened by a small hydraulic shock absorber.
The NA mounts are just light metal tie rods with soft rubber bushes with a mile of movement in them.
Ive not measured but Im almost certain you can just swap the tie rods for the little shockies

Dont go blowing too much sunshine up their arses. They are just the easier to find and less uprated type of front and back mount.

If you want "stronger" mounts, you are going to have to make them yourself. Simple as that.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

what he ^ said (or should the be what E said?)

The exa/na ones are easy to stiffen, just pop out the standard rubber bit and get someone to poor you some neoprene ones...piece of cake!

C

if you do it let me know, I'll probably buy some from you!
born2run

Post by born2run »

yeah nah wat i meant was for n upgrade of the lil shockies would it be easier to use the dog bone from the exa, den pee off the rubber n get em replaced with either proper urathane (is dat how u spell it) or jus fill it with sikaflex. dats wat i was really tryin to say. my head wasnt screwed on properly the other day.