N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Blitz BOV problem

General chat related to anything N12.
puffypuss

Blitz BOV problem

Post by puffypuss »

Hi

I bought a Blitz series 1 BOV off ( you guessed it!) Ebay (groan) and it has no seal on the piston.

When i suck or blow on the vaccum pipe air comes out of the trumpet I think its rubber ducked but according to the seller there is no seal just a brass piston in a cast alu body.

Does anybody have 1 of these that they have stripped down? [/img]
I want to move to Australia!!!
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i'm not sure if all BOV's are the same but my Turbosmart type 2 vee port has no seal on the piston and works fine, no leaks! they should all work on the same principle so i'm guessin your BOV is ok, but if your blowing into the vacuum line and air is coming out the trumpet then there might be a problem. air shouldn't come out out from vacuum side of the piston. the vacuum side of a BOV has pressure against the piston too hold it down aswell as a spring, until the throttle closes and then creates vacuum which releases rearward pressure on the piston and gives way to your boosted air which pushes against the piston and spring to escape. so there shouldn't be a leak from the vacuum side of the piston. i'm no expert, but i'm sure someone on the forum can better what i have tried to explain! here are some pics of my BOV which might help? good luck
puffypuss

Post by puffypuss »

Taken her apart and Its the same as ET turbo Dudes the od thing is if I put the piston in with out the spring its pretty much air tight (not quite) but when I put it all together leaks like a well buggered BOV lol

Pic of it apartImage

A brass piston can't wear out can it???
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

My racepro unit doesnt have a seal either. Its basically the same as the two above. No leaks either...
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

puffypuss wrote:Taken her apart and Its the same as ET turbo Dudes the od thing is if I put the piston in with out the spring its pretty much air tight (not quite) but when I put it all together leaks like a well buggered BOV lol

A brass piston can't wear out can it???
There should be an adjustment screw on top (of the bov) that pushes on that little plate with the hole in it (which sits on top of the spring)

Try adjusting it, the trade off is; do it up too tight it wont release on light load, too loose and it will leak (as already is...)

your vac line looks big enough, but is it connected post throttle on the plenum somewhere?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

ok i had a blitz bov as well and they leak like nothing else on this planet cept maybe a collins class submarine but thats another story.

yes the pistons on those are known to seize and wear the piston prematurely. i had to remove teh piston on mine witha hammer and screwdriver.

now u have all teh pieces there but the adjustment threaded bolt on top is all the way out wind teh F&*ker in man its the allen key thread at the top tighten it all the way see if that helps (mine still opened at 16psi lol on its own)

good luck with it but i recomend selling it they are nasty i got a video of mine too somewhere they sound nice when they dont open under full boost lol
puffypuss

Post by puffypuss »

Thanks for that panda :)

Ive sorted it !!!! (well a mate did)

Put a bit of grease round the piston and yeee haaa its fine!!

Made a bit of a mess first time out but she's as good as gold now and Panda you were rite it's DAMMMM NOISY!!! I thought a pipe had come off! lol

:lol:

Thanx for the advise tho I LOVE THIS SITE
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

no porbs matehtye sound pretty good eh I spose that why they are called super sound :) noice smooth sound unlike our turbosmart shitters
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Panda_ET wrote:no porbs matehtye sound pretty good eh I spose that why they are called super sound :) noice smooth sound unlike our turbosmart shitters
oi. you take that back! there's nuffin rong wiv our Turbosmart shitterz! i wouldn't buy anything else! very un australian of u mate, hehe