N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

auto et

General chat related to anything N12.
chezza

auto et

Post by chezza »

Anybody ever had an auto et, as i have an auto 1.6 pulsar nx and fancy converting it .
Keep cherry turbo's goin
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

there were no auto ET's and why bother? where's the fun in an auto? the only reasons for auto's are for the oldies and for hardcore drag cars. don't mean to be so in your face but i had to drive the missus's Holden Commodore VN auto v6 tonight and god damn what a load of shit! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH :twisted:

by all means go ahead with using an auto but i'd take a rough guess and say it won't last too long.
samwdg

Post by samwdg »

It would work, but the auto box wouldnt stand up to the powerful little ET engine for too long.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

I’ve Now Broken 11 Manual Gearboxes and 1 Auto. DON’T WASTE TIME WITH AUTOS! Mine hade bigger Clutches, Bigger Bands, full manual body shift Kit, Stall Converter, B&M Shifter, and it lost all drive within a few days! They have shit ratios and CANNOT withstand the power. May be alright with a standard pulsar or one with limited modifications.

quoted from here
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/scott/scott.htm
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Dont waste ur time it will die a quick death
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
baz

Post by baz »

Don't do it!..manual ftw..
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute