N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

oil breather ...

General chat related to anything N12.
ET87

oil breather ...

Post by ET87 »

hey guys, after having the et off the road for 8 weeks.. n changing the turbo from t25g to a t2.. i still had constant smoke pouring out the exhaust.. spoke to karl (jo0f) and he said change the oil breather and it stopped 80% of the smoke.. NOW WHY THE HELL IS THE OIL BREATHER smoke from the engine.. no where else smokes but there?? wats goin on??
the car runs fine, boosts and is very smooth to drive, but i pop the bonnet n the breather is smoking.. help me out please thanks all..
etking

Post by etking »

have you got it set up correctly? running the passenger side to the inlet manifold with the PCV plumbed in the right direction ... and the drivers side going into the intake pipe before the turbo?

what is your breather set up?

seems like your engine may be breathing very heavy ... done a compression test? im guessing it will be low...
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
ET87

Post by ET87 »

my breather set up is a breather on the rocker cover thats it... smoke is very very little from exhaust but its smokey from the rocker cover breather... thanks mate,
etking

Post by etking »

set up as standard as i have explained as see how you go then...
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Smoke from breathers to atmo is normal. Its piston blowby. The amoujnt of smoke is closely related to the condition of the ring to bore seal.

Josh is correct, Id say you either dont have a PCV valve connected, or the one connected is reversed or possibly blocked.
If the PCV is reversed, it can actually allow the crankcase to be pressurised on boost and wont evacuate on vacuum.

Check your stuff M8, fit a working PCV back into its spot in the correct orientation, run your rocker cover breather in between the afm and the turdbow and see what happens then.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
ET87

Post by ET87 »

awesome as... thanks boys..
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

mine did the same thing when i had it set up like that thats one of the reasons got defected lol
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600