N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

turbo boosting funny

General chat related to anything N12.
ET87

turbo boosting funny

Post by ET87 »

hey guys just got my beast back on the road.. it starts boost at 3something.. im like WTF.. its a standard t2.. everythin is stantard except the AFM is in betweeen TB n turbo.. n thats it.. i just dont understand y its boostin later in the rev range cheers..
Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

is it jerky or does the boost come on smooth?
j0of

Post by j0of »

its the afm between turbo and tb. makes it to rich and bogs down hard, when i did it it was heaps laggier
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

I would think it would make it worse for lag... Much rather have a restriction before the turbo than after it... Unless of course all you are looking for is wicked compressore surge!
ET87

Post by ET87 »

boost comes on smooth.. but y would it be so laggy for? its doesnt jolt or jerk smooth as.. n picks up n flies..would i get shit petrol economy now coz the AFM is between the TB n the turbo?? hey karl the guy who was doin my car's cooler is in jail.. got caught drivin or trying to do a runner.. im out of pocket 1400 no cooler, i bought a new t25g n i hav got nothing back from him.. been 4 weeks,, so pissed off..

thanks for ur help.. keep it coming
j0of

Post by j0of »

1400 bux, fark, a exahust shop would charge like 400-600.

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
j0of

Post by j0of »

its laggy because, the pressure of the turbo coming onto boost causes the flap in the afm to open a heap quicker as if at wide open throttle at 5500rpm so it accordingly drops in equivelent fueling causeing it to run very rich. not rich enough that you'll notice anything different on light load but on full acceleration theres going to be a band there between build boost and full boost where you have a shitload to much fuel..

Mods Done:
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
ET87

Post by ET87 »

thanks mate,, i had exhaust manifold gasket n turbo gasket problems while u r away so i got this guy to do it.. so he replaced gaskets n then bought me cooler pipes n a new t25g with dose pipe as well... n he is in jail so i cant contact him nothin.. so im fukd till he gets out.. also do u hav a spare intake pipe (TB to Turbo) cause u should c wat he has done.. he cut my pipe, put the afm in n then a massive rubber joiner to turbo.. weird as..
baz

Post by baz »

Do you get any compressor serge with the AFM on the inlet pipe between the t/b and turbo?,
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
ET87

Post by ET87 »

wat do u mean compression serge???
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

when you change gears it sounds like there is a pigon under the hood lol also nown as a flutter tsssssss pow pow pow
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
ET87

Post by ET87 »

haha im like na def no pigoen.. um yer def a flutter.. sounds wicked.. but im gettin a standard intake pipe to go back to normal n then puttin the AFM in the cooler pipin wen my mechanic get out of jail LOL.. my brother is 15yr i reckons its pretty cool.. n its pretty loud.
baz

Post by baz »

Ill get back to you on the weekend and let you know how the flutter is with the AFM on the cooler piping
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
trailblazer

Post by trailblazer »

I have my AFM after the turbo and it runs fine. plugs are correct colour. The AFM becomes negligent on any significant throttle anyway. everything is preset into the ecu to certain rpms after the afm has fully opened.