N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Solid Engine mounts

General chat related to anything N12.
kid nismo

Solid Engine mounts

Post by kid nismo »

I've had the solid mounts in my car for like 6 months, and the shakes are becoming a real nightmare.

My whole car feels like it's falling to peices.

In the begining it was fine, but now the car feels cheap and weak.....

just curious to see how many guys here use solid mounts, and if so is it causing you real grief? (thinking maybe it's the tune?)

i'm seriously thinking of going but to the stock mounts, but i will lose the nice direct gear change i get with the solid mounts.

cheers
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

ey mate where did you buy the mounts from coz i need some?

thanks
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

You might find with solid mounts that all of your bolts in the engine/chassis start coming loose. And your needles start falling off on the instrument cluster.

At least thats what has happened to me. So I went back to the original mounts and now the engine moves so much that the turbo keeps trying to undo itself and it is attached to a flex pipe.

So the next step, is that I am going to get some 'soft' nylon and try to machine myown up.

Darren
Race it.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

A happy medium might be to drill some holes in the neoprene solid mounts to soften them a little. Four to six evenly spaced 8-10mm holes might do it. This layout is a guess, as is the hole diameters. But before you through away the mounts might be worth a try.

C
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

Just an idea mate what if you took the solid side mounts off and returned them to stock ones and kept the solid back that way you will have the direct gear change still and it wont vibrate like crazy just an idea i dont now what you get with the mounts
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

just drill holes thru em in a few places to get a bit of movement.
ive had mine in for ages now (my car was the guinea pig for em) the rattling is annoying but the car feels a lot better to drive.... the rattles are a lil embarrassing tho haha
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
kid nismo

Post by kid nismo »

Android 360 wrote:just drill holes thru em in a few places to get a bit of movement.
ive had mine in for ages now (my car was the guinea pig for em) the rattling is annoying but the car feels a lot better to drive.... the rattles are a lil embarrassing tho haha
People who sit in my car think it's gonna fall apart lol. I guess its a fair trade off for a better drive.

Might try drilling the mounts.

cheers