whats the best bid with the gbox,

keep stock watch how you change gears

fit n13 internals

dog it

or someother thing that should be considered

thanks
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

keep stock until it breaks. Mine lasted about 3-4 years. A couple of trips to the drags and 2 seasons of autokahna. And it only lost 2 teeth from 2nd when it broke..
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

yeah ill keep it stock untill it breaks but what then is what im wondering because the one i have is rebuilt so it should last a bit for now
TimmyET

Post by TimmyET »

Dogs no good if you dont know how to drive it. Worse than a standard if you're no good with it
1. Cut a hole in a box 2. Put your junk in that box 3. Make her open the box
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

thats the first time ive heard anything like that
adamp

Post by adamp »

i was always lead to believe that dog gears are near unbreakable(well compared to a standard gearbox anyway) obviously if u thrash it and snatch gears every time u change no gearbox is unbreakable
EXA sold :)
TimmyET

Post by TimmyET »

Dog box's are straight cut gears. They have no synchros. Its almost like driving a car clutchless. If you dont know how and when to change gears, you'll be wasting alot of money
1. Cut a hole in a box 2. Put your junk in that box 3. Make her open the box
et_rider

Post by et_rider »

one thing i found when pulling my box apart is how week the linkiges are that put the gear into gear when slamed into gear they bend a hell of a lot so if you want a strong one go a dog and yes they are sincroless but like anything you will get ust to it and get the linkeges strenthend if they dont do it in the dog setup espasially with your setup last thing u wants is gearbox probs on the strait lol good luck man
Boost+pulsar = goodness = pain :(
My Ride
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4600
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

et_rider wrote:one thing i found when pulling my box apart is how week the linkiges are that put the gear into gear when slamed into gear they bend a hell of a lot so if ...............................
Perahaps you should look very closely at your shifting technique then eh?

Gearshifts are not EVER meant to be "slammed", dog engagement or not and if you bent or broke anything in the shifting mechanism you fuckingwell deserved to!
Not even a top loader will cope with that abuse.

You should perhaps consider fitting an auto if thats your tried and true shifting style and then result.................

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

TimmyET wrote:Dog box's are straight cut gears.
They can be helical cut too 8)

+ as stupid as breaking shifter forks are, PPG did make billet forks for the e15 boxes.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

tassuperkart wrote:
et_rider wrote:one thing i found when pulling my box apart is how week the linkiges are that put the gear into gear when slamed into gear they bend a hell of a lot so if ...............................
Perahaps you should look very closely at your shifting technique then eh?

Gearshifts are not EVER meant to be "slammed", dog engagement or not and if you bent or broke anything in the shifting mechanism you fuckingwell deserved to!
Not even a top loader will cope with that abuse.

You should perhaps consider fitting an auto if thats your tried and true shifting style and then result.................

L8tr
E
+1
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com