N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Clutch Kit Opinions

General chat related to anything N12.
adamp

Clutch Kit Opinions

Post by adamp »

Just after a few opinions on purchasing a clutch kit for my n12 exa, the car is reasonably stock just t25, intercooler, relocated afm, larger exhaust etc so not putting out big power but i want a decent clutch for street use. Im leaning towards the exedy heavy duty clutch kit, the link is... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-PULSAR-N1 ... dZViewItem so basically i wanna know what people think of this clutch, and if its shit, then what would u prefer?

Cheers, adam.
leayr

Post by leayr »

mate a lot of people use the exedy heavy duty clutch and they do the job i had one in my old et and i was fine heavier on the foot but no slipping on big boost like the cheap and nasty stuff cheers leayr
adamp

Post by adamp »

oh ok kool i was after something heavier on the foot so that will work a treat cheers
baz

Post by baz »

Yo know what u have, RPM heavy duty clutch, DONT BUY ONE..Absolutly rat shit..Waste of money!........
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

Current Car: 2004 Vz SS Ute
adamp

Post by adamp »

haha yeah u were abit dissapointed in that so i figured maybe the exedy heavy duty isn't much better since there just an organic single plate clutch but main thing is it doesn't slip, stronger clutch pedal would be nice too..
dexi_styles

Post by dexi_styles »

adamp wrote:... stronger clutch pedal would be nice too..

mine is a exceedy heavy duty and its not heavy... well i dont know the difference

Cheers,
Dexi
baz

Post by baz »

I was fucking around with my clutch last night as i was coming home, And it grips hard but isn't heavy on the foot, Go a brass button clutch dude, no riding, Ull be jerking taking off at lights, Might look gay but fark their a sick clutch >< ..Maybe in the future for me i might get one, spend the extra $170 and get a brass button, you know you want to..
My old exa I created from granny spec to a neat little BRIGHT car: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3903

tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

baz wrote: Go a brass button clutch dude, no riding, Ull be jerking taking off at lights, Might look gay but fark their a sick clutch..
Umm there are 2 parts to this that just dont make much sense M8.

1: why would you want a clutch that "jerks" on takeoff??????????
Having a savage clutch makes driving a tiresome and irritating chore, not a joy at all.
try getting in and out of that tight park space in the middle of summer with a clutch that just "jerks" Its a frikken arse!
I just dont get it???????
If you want an organic clutch to jerk, just slide you foot offen it when in gear...itll jerk, chirp the tyres and guarantee a stall then if thats what you want.

2: Define a "gay" looking clutch?????
When bolted to a flywheel that is hidden inside a bellhousing you cant see the clutch at all???????? How can it look gay??!!

Sorry m8 but those statements just make no sense at all!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
baz

Post by baz »

NO NO NO..gay as in taking of and the tyres give out a little squeal and as it grips u sort of jerk, cmon E throw me a firkin bone here lol, and as in gay i ment aswell as it would look gay taking of at lights etc and the car jerking if you get what i mean, I didint say the clutch was gay etc..jumpy mate

Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

shot down in flames baz....

i wouldn't be going to heavy with the clutches, gearbox's are made out off matchsticks....
baz

Post by baz »

Old pops is always right

Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nah E hates BB clutches his E15 will never have enough power to need one thats all :P
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

"Old Pops".............................................. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha Ive been called some shit in my life but thats a cracker!!!!!!!!

Panda, there is barely a car on this forum that would beat a well made organic facing clutch.
Most snoozers just THINK they need one!!!!

You fuckwit!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

sorry old pops lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
baz

Post by baz »

E's new name (OLD POPS) :D ...Ok back on topic, do you guys reckomend the exedy heavy duty or something else?...