N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Who has a Ball Bearing Turbo on Their Car?

General chat related to anything N12.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

I don't know Uschi. I only ran it for about 10 mins. It hit 5 lbs and the noise was scary so I drove back home slowly and removed it. Graham at Garrett said he's seen these knock off turbos before. They tend to last a couple of weeks and then disintegrate. I asked if genuine Garrett bearings could be fitted to it and he said "probably" bur they wouldn't touch it themselves. They are made of inferior materials and Garrett don't want to be held responsible for it falling apart later anyway. A lesson to be learned here. Only genuine Garrett will do.
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

tassuperkart wrote:geez M8, thats getting up there for a 1.5 Ltr. Itd have to be a pretty hairy e15 to exploit a Discopotato.
Hey E, you're being sensible and practical again aren't you? Now knock that shit off!!! :D
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Does anyone think it'd be practical and affordable to get a T25 or T25G exhaust housing machined out to fit a T28? I was thinking it might spool sooner just like a T25G does with a T25 exhaust housing.
angel

Post by angel »

i say go the disco paul, i think the e15et could push enough gases for one of them,
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

yeh it will spool it but the amount of fun will be cut down lol spooltime wil be big but once on boost it will go like a cut cat
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i'll let you know how the disco potatoe goes when i get mine! a mate of mine who has a 180sx has a gt28r and he thinks it's the best thing he ever bolted to it! he's had a few t28's a t25g and t25 and reckons the gt28r is as responsive as a t25 and loves higher boost, he's running about 18psi, sr20det. when you read up about the gt28rs, they were designed for responsiveness on an sr20det and decent power, so for an e15t should still be a little laggy, not much. but hit like a muthafuka and love higher boost. i was running a t25g, was ok but not the best for high boost. good luck journal bearings suck!:twisted:
dahurldog

Post by dahurldog »

I would only put on a GT28 if you had forged internals and shit so you could let it rev right up. Seriously man, my GT25 400hp kicks the shit, and doesnt take all day to spool up. But, to each his own I suppose!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Seriously man, my GT25 400hp kicks the shit, and doesnt take all day to spool up. But, to each his own I suppose!
What he said.....exactly!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Paul Smith wrote:
tassuperkart wrote:geez M8, thats getting up there for a 1.5 Ltr. Itd have to be a pretty hairy e15 to exploit a Discopotato.
Hey E, you're being sensible and practical again aren't you? Now knock that shit off!!! :D

Ohhhhhhhhhh......awwwwwwwwwwrighhhhhhhhhht then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bwaaaahahahahahahaha!
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Paul
Why dont you strip it and just have it balanced, bolt the fucker on and behold the new world!
You never know, it might keep running for god knows how long but think of the stares youll get when you boost that sucker up on Sat'dee evenin cruisin for chikkiebabes down past your fave chew'n'spew!!

Bwaaaaahahahahaha, seriously tho what you got to loose!
l8tr M8
E
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

Does anyone think it'd be practical and affordable to get a T25 or T25G exhaust housing machined out to fit a T28? I was thinking it might spool sooner just like a T25G does with a T25 exhaust housing.
Thats exactly what I've got, the T25G housing. No boost till about 3000 and full by 3500-4. Its a different drive, but you get used to it and wouldnt have it any other way!! =

Sam
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

wassup393 wrote:
Thats exactly what I've got, the T25G housing. No boost till about 3000 and full by 3500-4. Its a different drive, but you get used to it and wouldnt have it any other way!! =

Sam
cant you just ask Garrett to just change the turbine housing for you..? the GT28RS disco potato comes with a turbine housing option of 430609-230 which is 0.64 wastegated. isn't that about what the T25G has on it anyway.?
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

="Bwaaaaahahahahaha, seriously tho what you got to loose!
l8tr M8
E
Answer = About another $600 for bearinga and balance.

The exhaust housing question isn't about the GT28. I have a T28 sitting here with a buggered exhaust housing. Seeing as I have to get a new exhaust housing for it anyway I was wondering if it would be practical to fit a smaller T25 or T25G housing to improve spool up.
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

Sorry in my post I thought you meant compressor housing.. Mines got the comp housing done. Im pretty sure at least some of the time the T25g exhaust is same size as a T28???

Sam
angel

Post by angel »

wassup393 wrote:

Sam
with response time like that, might as wheel spend the time and money on a gt28, i get full boost by about 3800. start at 2800