N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Post your dyno graphs here!

General chat related to anything N12.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

SirET wrote:hey guys i am trying to find the dyno sheet for my brothers et (milanco et) it made 295fwhp on 30psi with a gt2540 garret turbo and standard internals but everything had been cryojenically strengthined
cheers ryan
never saw it myself

it was like that car just appeared, ran its time at 1 meet?, then disappeared!
well thats what it looked like from my perspective anyways :wink:
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
SirET

Post by SirET »

yeah well it ran its 12.75 with 220fwhp. we then got the 295fwhp tune and we were at milanco the night before jamboree and we got a hole in the exhast manifold and was not makin power and could only make 9psi ran 13.1s all day at the jamboree and got runner up but rob has a thirst for more speed so thats why it has not been seen again
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Damo wrote:Hmmmm, well that didn't work. 155kw anyway.

What the go with posting a picture?

Damo
Hey dude, ya gotta use Photobucket or imageshack or similar:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=515

Catch ya!
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

SirET wrote:yeah well it ran its 12.75 with 220fwhp. we then got the 295fwhp tune and we were at milanco the night before jamboree and we got a hole in the exhast manifold and was not makin power and could only make 9psi ran 13.1s all day at the jamboree and got runner up but rob has a thirst for more speed so thats why it has not been seen again
So is Rob woking with the ET for more speed, or has it been ditched for something else?
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

Well no sheet but:

105kw, 461nm, 7PSI.

Lean out from 5600RPM onwards, didn't rev past 5800RPM. Injectors maxed out. Fuel pressure was steady.

No sheet cos no power run cos didn't want to risk it. So I got these figures out of the dyno max/min departement.

More improvements to be made.

Darren.
Race it.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Awesome amount of torque for not much power/psi.

If there was a 'thumbs up' smiley it would be here --->
Damo

Post by Damo »

Damo wrote:Hmmmm, well that didn't work. 155kw anyway.

What the go with posting a picture?

Damo

Righteo, picture posting sorted.

Latest tune of fuel only. Changes since last dyno run, new plenum, upped fuel pressure, RB25/VG30 combo turbo, manifold insulator, new cam, lower compression, adjustable cam gear. Still not making power past 5k ish.
Image[/img]
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
Damo

Post by Damo »

gettu wrote:translated (poorly) from a finnish "for sale" ad

- Stock bottom (pistons, crankshaft, rods)
- ported and polished head, double valve springs
- custom cam
- custom exhaust manifold, high mount turbo
- Haltec E6S Programmable ECU
- Bosch injectors ( i think around 550cc, the old ones were 480cc and they were too small)
- Turbo Scwitser S2 with a holset turbine/outlet, 3"/2.5" exhaust
- puck clutch
and some other mods.

the guy was riding shotgun on the dyno with the laptop in his lap and held his feet up and prayed the transmission won't blow. They had to run on fifth 'cause they couln't get enough grip on fourth

top speed on the dyno 315 kph ( 195.7 mph) and a CVJ rubber blew on the last run spraying vaseline all over the place

top power at 1.8bar boost (26.10 PSI) is 394,8 BHP ( 294,4 kW)
One thing to mention about this dnyo graph, it has added to the peak figure transmission loss. Actual peak power is 231kw ATW not 290.

Damo

j0of

Post by j0of »

running a little lean there?
FEAR THE N12 FURY!!!.....
More kick than a goat on crack

Mods Done:
3" zaust turbo back, EGI Manifold , Lowered, 20% tint, Japspec Stearing rack, ,intercooled, hypergear tr28kai, suede lether intereor, Electric blue repsray, 16's, koni shocks all round, whiteline sway bars, strut brace, microtech with quad bosch coils.
Mods to come:
A TUNE AND ENJOY
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

hey Damo, you should get your ideal bumper sticker made up! :lol: and good going with the power, i'm sure with a bit more tinkering with the ignition you'll raise that figure nicely!
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

jesus christ, 231fwkw's???

didnt we have this question b4 about what the most reliable power ever heard of by an E15ET engine was. . . and that title belonged to the black ET over in Norway or something, making around 218 or something at the fronts,

how the fek do you manage to get two thirty, hell i would be happy with 120!!!

oh and on a side question, what are these "Fjords" i have been hearing about are great in Norway?
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Damo what clutch are you using?
AFR's look ok to me! Just a bit rich up top. (<11.5:1)
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Damo

Post by Damo »

raddavey wrote:Damo what clutch are you using?
AFR's look ok to me! Just a bit rich up top. (<11.5:1)
The clutch is (I can hear E cringing already :roll: ) a 4 puk brass button plate that I have had for ever. I probably would go organic now, but back then there wasn't anything that I could find which was decent.

You can see the power trace drop as the AFR dips below 12, so I'll have a little play around and lean beyond 5thou out a fraction. I will have to get a print-out of the torque curve and boost trace.

A night or so before I had it dyno'd, I was checking out my valve timing and found that I screwd up and had the valve timing retarded 1 tooth (18deg). I can hear what your thinking, how the hell didn't I notice! The truth of the matter is, that since the first time the engine ran with the bigger cam it has been out of whack, so I had nothing to compare to. I just figured thats how it was, massive lack of bottom end, with a big rush top side. Now with the correct timing, the is a heap more go down low, but the trade off is smaller top end. Seeing the dyno graph, I might also play around with the vavle timing to see wether I can get power out till at least 6k.
To the guys who are making power to and beyond 6k are you still running the stock exhaust/inlet manifold? Proper headwork?
There seems more to my lack of power past 5k than the setup implys.

What sort of ignition timing are you guys getting away with at 16psi?

Out of interest, I don't think making 230kw is too way out there. Take my dyno sheet for example. Power is a function of torque multiplied by revs, so at 175kw this is making near on 330Nm of torque, if I were able to make that same torque at 6k, the power figure would be 205kw. Extend that 330Nm to 7k, and that power figure would be 241kw. Obviously there are power losses, and these power losses are proportional to the speed. I budget on around 15kw loss through the box + tyres at 5k, so at 7k the loss would be more like 21kw ect ect. Factor this in, and the figures are:

355Nm
205kw @ 6k
239kw @ 7k
256kw @ 7.5k

Someone help me make power to 7.5k :D

Damo

Damo

Post by Damo »

Also, being the IT tech wiz I'm not, I have a 20sec vid of the ET dash whilst doing a full power run that I'm trying to get onto Youtube, but it doesn't want to play. Any tips? Or could I E-mail it to someone to post up? It's around 2.3Mb

Damo

Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

i can do it for you if you like

garagepanda@internode.on.net
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com