The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
WIKED1

Post by WIKED1 »

The Renegade wrote:Sounds Awesome man.

Which EMS CDI are you using on yours? Is it the 4 channel?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Nice build.
2 things in there i cant fathom.
2 x Bosch 044's??

Secondly, on such a thorough big budget build, you have settled for not a lot better than an electric carburettor in the cheap arsed form of an MT-8?????

There is a reason an MT series is so cheap to buy!!!!!

Newhoo, its ur ride dude!!!!
looking forward to some figures.

Oracle
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

WIKED1 wrote:
The Renegade wrote:Sounds Awesome man.

Which EMS CDI are you using on yours? Is it the 4 channel?
Yeah man, was the 4 channel.
Stupidly, I sold the car some time ago. I've been trying to locate it for the last few years.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
xkwizt

Post by xkwizt »

tassuperkart wrote:Nice build.
2 things in there i cant fathom.
2 x Bosch 044's??

Secondly, on such a thorough big budget build, you have settled for not a lot better than an electric carburettor in the cheap arsed form of an MT-8?????

There is a reason an MT series is so cheap to buy!!!!!

Newhoo, its ur ride dude!!!!
looking forward to some figures.

Oracle
2 x bosch 044. 1 from fuel tank to surge tank, 1 from surge tank to fuel line.

Ive thought long and hard about upgrading the microtech but it does what i need it to do.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

A '44 as a lift pump?? LOL. Top shelf!!!!

For a while there i was picturing a pair of 044's paralleled together. Good enough for 1000hp on e85!!!!!

Geez man, doesnt the frikken noise drive you insane?? I use a stock Nissan Navara V6 intank pump in the stock cradle and even that annoys me!!!!!!!!!

Oracle
WIKED1

Post by WIKED1 »

Super late reply but... i thought you guys might like to know :)

The lift pump died and all we had was an 044 in the garage so we thought why not lol!

We're also going to E85, we received the Bosch 2200cc injectors today.... but i think its going to be overkill, next smallest i could find were 1200cc but not sure if it was enough for E85.

Everyone is also telling me to change the fuel pumps but ill change them when they die. I know alot of people running 044 on E85 and they are still running a year later.
tassuperkart wrote:A '44 as a lift pump?? LOL. Top shelf!!!!

For a while there i was picturing a pair of 044's paralleled together. Good enough for 1000hp on e85!!!!!

Geez man, doesnt the frikken noise drive you insane?? I use a stock Nissan Navara V6 intank pump in the stock cradle and even that annoys me!!!!!!!!!

Oracle
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

With E85, you figure on a 40 increase in flow over petrol.

Figure you injectors to provide enough fuel at 85/90% duty at your max boost and rpm.
So your kinda figuring on using equivalent of 800cc petrol injectors....... Looking back at the build, this engine is at best 150Kw at the treads.

Your going to have a devil of a time getting something as ghetto/agricultural as a Microleb to control injectors that big at anything other than on power and be remotely friendly!!!
Have fun!

Oracle
WIKED1

Post by WIKED1 »

tassuperkart wrote:With E85, you figure on a 40 increase in flow over petrol.

Figure you injectors to provide enough fuel at 85/90% duty at your max boost and rpm.
So your kinda figuring on using equivalent of 800cc petrol injectors....... Looking back at the build, this engine is at best 150Kw at the treads.

Your going to have a devil of a time getting something as ghetto/agricultural as a Microleb to control injectors that big at anything other than on power and be remotely friendly!!!
Have fun!

Oracle
Makes sense, i test fit the injectors yesterday, they didnt fit but luckily the guy i bought them from allowed me to return them. Next set will be 1000cc Injector Dynamics. Haha the microtec is that bad huh? The tuner can give us a better idea but at the moment ive already spent a bucketload, will see how we go.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Microlebs do a job.
however, they have very coarse tuning resolution.
they also dont have any user defined injector latency/voltage tables.

To try and get such large injectors to run with any sensibility down low on such a small engine requires quite a sophisticated tuning scheme. Something a Microleb can only dream about Im afraid.

Ive mentioned it before but simply turning on the lights and fans was enough to stall my engine with Bosch 440cc (036) injectors.

MT's were modern 10 years ago!

Oracle
WIKED1

Post by WIKED1 »

I wish my tuner mentioned this... now im doubting him lol!

Whats a good ECU without blowing the budget?
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Almost anything!!!!!!

MT do a specific job but IMHO are too pricey for what you get. Which isnt a lot.
remember, they are not "portable" and have to be re-flashed at quite a premium if you want to take it to another engine type.
You also have to have many features and outputs enabled from new as they are not user configurable at all without a costly asnd time consuming factory re-flash.

EVERY other ecu can be re-configured in the field to run whatever crank angle sensing setup and aux feature you could ever think about a particular engine runs.

Hell, even a Nistuned SR20 ECU and airflow meter will give better results than a MT at a shittonne less money!!!!!

You need to decide what features you want and what exactly you want to do first.

For you, I would definitely look at a Flex Fuel capability so your not stuck with one fuel only. Just in case if you know what i mean!!!

Haltech are ok and very well supported.
EMS also make a decent ecu for a reasonable price but tuners are a little rarer.
Wolf get used here and there but there seem to be a shittonne of them for sale so I can only guess what thats says. Similar to MT in many ways as a budget ECU and NOT a very budget cost!!

You start heading upstairs in money when looking at Link/Vipec and Motec and so-on. All very capable and well supported ecu's but premium prices.
Probably still top of the heap is Autronic but pointless WOFTAM unless you are able to exploit their very advanced features.

Next is to find a tuner who is familiar with "X" brand ECU.
Tuners get notoriously picky about the brands they will support despite the fact that pretty much all ECU's do the same fucking job in much the same way!!!!
Im pretty surprised your being advised to start with such large injectors tho. That alone rings alarm bells with me to begin with.
Yopur injector choice is the very LAST component in the tuning chain!!!
So you work backwards with a power figure and rpm peak and specify your injectors for that scheme.

Chucking in really large injectors just makes the job of tuning and even just driving it around a total headfuck and achieves nothing at the end of the day.
The days of giant carbies and coughing/farting etc are well and truly gone and any efi car that will not start and drive happily from the first flick of the key dead cold, no matter what its state of tune has simply been set up and tuned BADLY!! Simple as that!!!!

I personally use and recommend Adaptronic ecu's. 440 Select to be specific.
Best value by far for a very capable and powerful ecu.
Just me tho KK? They do require a bit of fiddling around initially but the setup can be largely done from factory.

Again, its helpful to locate a tuner who deals with them.
About the same price as a MT but light years ahead in development and capability.

Oracle
Damo

Post by Damo »

Hey guys.
As Evan has said, a tuner with half and idea should be able to tune nearly anything.
Unless you have someone local who is prepared to tune something different to the microleb, stick it out. Just be prepared for non factory running when cold and down low.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LOL
Which is basically something i will not tolerate. Might as well hang a large carby offen it.

Itll make shittonnes of power on a carb and run about as reliably ay anything below around town throttles lol.

Just me coz Im a cussy funt.

EOracle