N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Please tell me why???

General chat related to anything N12.
djvass

Please tell me why???

Post by djvass »

Problem solved should learn to measure twice speak once!!!!!
Last edited by djvass on Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

There is a chance that you have a box out of an atmo Pulsar and the entire gearset is shorter than the ET clobber.

Is the starter motor mount the same as the one you have now where the starter bolts on from kinda on top bellhousing to a large square cutout or is it more like the usual clobber where the starter bolts in from the "end" of the bellhousing thru a round hole specially cast in the bellhousing and the starter pokes out over the top of the gearcase?

If the starter bolts thru the round hole kind of setup then its an atmo box and ur in the shit as it will not accept your ET clutch, flywheel or starter motor.

On the other hand, it may possibly be a hybrid where an atmo box guts has been bolted to the ET front (bell) housing.
I dunno if this can be done but running an eye over both boxes it appears thet the front housing is the same internally. I looked at this as a way of having a better clutch using the atmo box in my ET.

Check it out and get back to us M8
l8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
djvass

Post by djvass »

tassuperkart wrote:There is a chance that you have a box out of an atmo Pulsar.
the entire gearset is shorter than the ZZET clobber.

Is the starter motor mount the same as the one you have now where the starter bolts on from kinda on top of the starter to a large square cutout or is it more like the usual clobber where the starter bolts in from the "end" of the bellhousing thru a round hole?

If the starter bolts thru the round hole kind of setup then its an atmo box and ur in the shit as it will not accept you ET clutch, flywheel or starter motor.

On the other hand, it may be a hybrid where an atmo box guts has been bolted to the ET front (bell) housing.
I dunno if this can be done but running an eye over both boxes it appears thet the front housing is the same internally.

Check it out and get back to us M8
l8tr
E
Thanks for replying

Start motor bolts in the same spot as the old box nothing different have attached the box to the motor today and has gone on no probs at all.

Very strange, i noticed the the bit that slots into the motor from the gearbox had a bigger hole inside it but the teeth were the same and the box locked in as it should.

Still very confused on the size differents.