N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Valve springs??

General chat related to anything N12.
dj_djox

Valve springs??

Post by dj_djox »

Just wondering if anyone knows the dimentions of the valve springs on the e15et engines? or if anyone know where about i can get some double valve springs?

:)
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

What do you want them for? The stock units can handle some pretty big revs.

If you insist though, Crow can sell you a set of smaller springs that go inside the stockers for around $100. That'll give you doubles. Part number is 4220.
Mods
T28 @ 18 PSI, Jap Inlet Manifold, VL TB, MSD Ignition, Supra Cooler, 3" Dump and 3" Exhaust, Coolingmist Water Injection, AMG Mags, Koni Adjustables, Whiteline Rear Swaybar, CMS Brake Rotors, Stage 2 Cam, 5th Injector
dj_djox

Post by dj_djox »

Paul Smith wrote:What do you want them for? The stock units can handle some pretty big revs.

If you insist though, Crow can sell you a set of smaller springs that go inside the stockers for around $100. That'll give you doubles. Part number is 4220.
so they are just smaller springs that go inside the stock springs making it 2 springs? thanks
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

It's really not needed unless you're going to be running over 8000rpm.
And if you're revving that hi its a pretty much drag dedicated car because its going to need a massive cam too.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
Damo

Post by Damo »

Unless the stocko springs are a bit saggy and don't meet their specs, there realy isn't too much reason to upgrade. If you are going a little wild with cam selection, just get some used Holden performance 186 springs, they should be quite common at machine shops and cost next to nothing if the workshop is sensible.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y
txateu

Post by txateu »

Damo wrote:Unless the stocko springs are a bit saggy and don't meet their specs, there realy isn't too much reason to upgrade. If you are going a little wild with cam selection, just get some used Holden performance 186 springs, they should be quite common at machine shops and cost next to nothing if the workshop is sensible.

Damo
I mentioned that to the guy doing my cylinder head and he kinda snickered at it... has anyone used them and got good results?

are the stock springs really good till 8000 rpm? I had no idea... what revs are the red motor ones good for?
cheers Michael,
velardejose

Post by velardejose »

Hi
I used the stock springs in a e16 engine with a 304° cam in a NA config, 8200 rpm daily driver
No problems
Peace
Turbo carbed e16 stock CR toyota ct20 turbo stock HG @10 psi
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

Damo wrote:If you are going a little wild with cam selection, just get some used Holden performance 186 springs, they should be quite common at machine shops and cost next to nothing if the workshop is sensible.

Damo
i used to have 186 springs with my old cam. they did the job well enough.
txateu

Post by txateu »

so there good enough for basically anything that the engine can spit out? the stock springs i mean
cheers Michael,
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

short answer yes. They will handle 8000rpm no probs. anything wilder and then you may need to look at something else. Trsut me when i say at 8000rpm its really screaming id be worried about taking them further at mid to high boost hahaha thats a helluva lotta work lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
Damo

Post by Damo »

I would be a little hesitant in saying the stocko springs can manage those sort of revs (7k+) as I have bent exhaust valves when my box used to jump out of 5th.
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get them checked for seat and full lift pressure before assuming they are O.K.

I have had my Yella Terra 186 springs for a couple of years and they do what they are supposed to. Straight swap with 20lbs greater seat pressure and 30 odd extra full lift.

Damo
Do humanity a favor, use your brain and fight the forces of WOO WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mrbxhWU5Y