N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Water Cooled T2's??

General chat related to anything N12.
n12_15eT

Water Cooled T2's??

Post by n12_15eT »

I was wanting to find out which model cars came out with water cooled turbos. I was under the impression that only the unleaded ET's 86 onwards had the water cooled turbo. But the exa that im looking at buying has a water cooled turbo - its a 84 with a low mount manifold.
Formally Known as: al_etya
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

You can retro fit them. I think Nissan even did that when the non water cooled ones died under warranty.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

the oil cooled ones almost became extinct. so when they died you had to go watercooled. thats how my car got them. i just rebuilt the system recently.

here's the water route. reds teh one you want when changing from oil only to water.

spiffyn12

Post by spiffyn12 »

where dose the water liones lead form going into the turbo and go to out of the turbo. i would like to put water cooling in mine, atm it is a water cooled turbo with no water.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

the water inlet to the turbo comes from a spot above the water temp sensor behind the Dizzy. the inlet goes to the other red arrow. to do that you need an ET water pipe to joing into that spot with the 'T' piece. or you can puta plug into hte radiator like i did and drain it back there