N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

cam timing

General chat related to anything N12.
crita_76

cam timing

Post by crita_76 »

I need help with my cam timing on an E15T. i pulled the head of without noting the position of the timing mark on the crank. now i cant get the pully off the crank to line up the cam timing marks. i thought that o deg on the crank and the mark on the came would be right but the timing belt teeth wont allow this. for the cam to be lined up with the mark on the top of the timing belt cover, the timing mark on the pulley has to be a few deg before or after TDC. where should the timing mark on the pully be when the cam is lined up to its mark on the timing belt cover? just before TDC or after TDC or some place entirely different. hope this makes sense and someone can help.

Cheers Christian
boost_truck_racer

cam

Post by boost_truck_racer »

hi christian
therre is no need to take the bottom pulley off the notch in pulley will be correct if you line it up with the bottom tdc cover
make sure your on tdc not bdc(bottom dead centre
and the your line ing up the tooth with the cirlcle punched in below it the cam maybe 180 out
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

here you go. as promised. good luck.

SammyET

Post by SammyET »

I had the same problem, damn near drove me completely insane!! Turned out I was lining up to the little triangle on the cam pulley, instead of the circle or hole or wateva was on the other side. So yeah id be thinking you're trying to line up bottom-dead-centre.

Sam
crita_76

Post by crita_76 »

thanks for that guys. i was trying to line up the triangle on the cam gear. Any idea why that is on there? is it just to confuse peope. any how its running now. not real well though. its idleing real rough.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

The triangle is for the e13 engine if i recall correctly
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

For atmo engines.
Advances the cam a couple of degrees to induce a bit more low down grunt.

For the hell of it, im going to reset my engine to that setting to see how it performs.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.