N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

door problem

General chat related to anything N12.
skybluET-nz

door problem

Post by skybluET-nz »

Over the past few months I have been rebuilding my ET, including stripping out engine, interior etc... I have given the beast a paint job and a larger turbo and have come to the "putting back together" stage.

So anyway, I bolted the door back on and made sure it lined up and then shut it....and the problem is.. its still shut and wont' open. I can't turn the key on the lock fully but all the connections inside the door seem to be going to the right places. If someone could please help me, I can't open this door and don't know of anyway I can take it off.
{TUBZ}

Post by {TUBZ} »

im a big of a destructive person so all i can think is a chain saw and go hard.....u might of adjusted the door too much....take the door cards out and get a flat screwdriver and play with the lock and try and fiddle away...hope it helps bro..

and welcome to the club...
djvass

Post by djvass »

if you take the door cards off you should be able to pull on the steal levers to at least relase the door.

Dave
SOLD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY ET BUT WILL STILL BE ON HERE WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT RIGHT ET AGAIN.
skybluET-nz

Post by skybluET-nz »

Yeah I have tried this but it won't open, its frustrating, I have spent a couple hours trying different things to get it to open but it just won't budge.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

remove the front gaurd and remove the 4 bolts holding the door hinges in place, make sure you have another person holding the door incase it decides to come loose early lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
skybluET-nz

Post by skybluET-nz »

lol I have tried this, and this didn't work either. I will give it another shot in theory it should work?.

My theory:
The lock has caught on the striker plate, like its meant to do. But something in the mechanism is stuffed so it won't detach. Man this is a mission, chainsaws looking good...
djvass

Post by djvass »

you will get it eventually. You will find you need alot of patience to own a et. They are alot of fun when running right but a pain in the ass when they arnt.
SOLD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY ET BUT WILL STILL BE ON HERE WATCHING AND WAITING FOR THAT RIGHT ET AGAIN.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

djvass wrote:You will find you need alot of patience to own a et. They are alot of fun when running right but a pain in the ass when they arnt.
SO GOD DAMN TRUE!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

et.turbo.dude wrote:
djvass wrote:You will find you need alot of patience to own a et. They are alot of fun when running right but a pain in the ass when they arnt.
SO GOD DAMN TRUE!
Try owning an Exa... :lol:
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey dude, have you tried getting a strong mate to try to move the door up and down (ie: wiggle it with much force) at the same time that you are trying to open it using the linkages inside the door?
My thinking is that if the door is badly adjusted, then it could be putting force onto the latch, in turn preventing it from opening. If the door is moved up and down with brute force, it might release that pressure allowing the latch to work.

Good Luck Mate.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ahhh... this is a long shot M8 but are you absolutely sure the lock is actually UNLOCKED??

Dont laugh. When I was still racing motocross, I have seen numerous dudes grid up, drop the cluch only to have the bike die on the line never to restart.
Carbies off, ignition fiddled with plugs out you name it.

And then the embarrassment of finding the fucking FUEL TAP was still switched OFF!!

Check with the door card off that the lock mechanism is actually unlocking.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
doozy

Post by doozy »

good luck dude
skybluET-nz

Post by skybluET-nz »

thanks heaps for the help guys, I will give your ideas a whirl today. Hopefully I can get the damned thing open. :?