N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

BOV QUESTION

General chat related to anything N12.
angel

Post by angel »

KermitDeWog wrote:How hard is it to fit a bov to a standard engine/turbo, no cooler or anything?
just weld a pipe on to the standard pipe, then use hose to clamp the bov to the pipe you welded on, hook up the vac line, and away you go
toprpm

Post by toprpm »

et.turbo.dude wrote:the Turbosmart typre 2 vee ports sound good, low boost= rattle snake, high boost= whiplash haha
wouldn't think fitting a bov to the standard intake pipe would be too difficult? but i'm not an expert!

RATTLESNAKE !!!!! I always wondered what kind of bov made that kinda noise.. would u be able to send like an audio clip with that noise please ...
Y . C . J Kustom ' Z
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

KermitDeWog wrote:How hard is it to fit a bov to a standard engine/turbo, no cooler or anything?
Piss easy.
I might even have std cross over pipe with a BOV fitting welded in.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

et.turbo.dude wrote:the Turbosmart typre 2 vee ports sound good, low boost= rattle snake, high boost= whiplash haha
I've got a Turbosmart Supersonic (one trumpet) and it's like that, I like it cause it's not always loud.

<5spi = rattle snake
10psi = chhew
18psi = CHAWWNK

Something like that haha, hard to type.

A mate has a TurboXS RFL on his r32 and they sure do live up to their name, even on hardly any boost they are really f'n loud haha.
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

agrreed on the RFL even teh ebay copies are bloody loud a mate ET i can hear on low boost from more than a K away comin up the speed bumps where i live lmao
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

toprpm wrote:
wouldn't think fitting a bov to the standard intake pipe would be too difficult? but i'm not an expert!

RATTLESNAKE !!!!! I always wondered what kind of bov made that kinda noise.. would u be able to send like an audio clip with that noise please ...
sorry, can't do budz, i'm still waiting for my new turbo too come to get my car going! i could try with my turbosmart vee port keyring, but it wont sound the same! would be cool if it did, i would do it in my missus's vn when i'm driving, pretend it's turboed haha. VN"S SUCK!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

i got one but its on DVD and its not really something i wana post up on the net lol