N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Replacing factory fuel reg

General chat related to anything N12.
Gary vcET

Replacing factory fuel reg

Post by Gary vcET »

Hi fellas,
Months ago i had a fuel pump pressure test and it was found that the stock pump was running fine with the right amount of pounds running thru it.
Was told that the factory fuel reg was on the way out and it was doing things on the pressure guage that it should not be doing.
Im not keen on those malpussy fuel regs.

So my question is what late, make and model car can i get a fuel reg off thats a bit better than the factory fuel reg thats on my ET that i can chuck on that will give a bit more pressure than the stock ET item?.

My mods are MT8 CA18 injectors ,stock pump and running 16 pound.

Thanks fellas.
Gary ..
EXAsperate

Post by EXAsperate »

whats wrong with adjustable fuel pressure regulators?

They are simple and easy to install and set. I found one on ebay for next to nothing with a fuel pressure gauge on it. I have had no issues with mine and doesn't leak.

$60 and can be tuned to your base fuel pressure psi.

you need to find one that sits on the same base pressure....too hard to find accurate specs.
EXAsperate - to wind up, infuriate, drive mad, frustrate, annoy and drive around the bend.
Gary vcET

Post by Gary vcET »

Hmmm with what you have said Exasperate i think i might can that idea,i think a lot of ppl may say the same thing and I have not heard of anybody doing what i have described.
I think it would be a pain in the ass trying to find something thats close to base pressure.
Ok thanks fellas.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nismo make adustable items as well that are stock looking and should fit easy enough
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category10_2.htm

sard fpr, on special! best ya can get, true set and forget :D
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

when do you need to think about getting one of these rising rate fuel regulators? i am just getting a cooler fitted, about to install a LT8s and tune it with the engine to run 12/14 PSI. will standard injectors and fuel pump deal with this, or is one of these SARD thingos needed. ? obviosly if i am gonna get one, its gonna be the best i can find. so SARD is the go.
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Rohan 84ET wrote:when do you need to think about getting one of these rising rate fuel regulators? i am just getting a cooler fitted, about to install a LT8s and tune it with the engine to run 12/14 PSI. will standard injectors and fuel pump deal with this, or is one of these SARD thingos needed. ? obviosly if i am gonna get one, its gonna be the best i can find. so SARD is the go.
i would say definitely. with that combo you will max your std injectors [approx 120kw from memory] before seeing the full potential of the setup.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
EXAsperate

Post by EXAsperate »

BennyET wrote:
Rohan 84ET wrote:when do you need to think about getting one of these rising rate fuel regulators? i am just getting a cooler fitted, about to install a LT8s and tune it with the engine to run 12/14 PSI. will standard injectors and fuel pump deal with this, or is one of these SARD thingos needed. ? obviosly if i am gonna get one, its gonna be the best i can find. so SARD is the go.
i would say definitely. with that combo you will max your std injectors [approx 120kw from memory] before seeing the full potential of the setup.
SARD are great but i am not sure if its worth its $ value for a car under $10k but that is purely an opinion! I am sticking with my eBay chinese thing looks great and proven to be very reliable, $60 delivered, no leaks, incl pressure gauge and works great (verified gauge within 1psi of a calibrated gauge inline so not that bad really)
EXAsperate - to wind up, infuriate, drive mad, frustrate, annoy and drive around the bend.
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

alright, well i guess that is gonna be on the list of things to buy with my next pay check . . . . and will get installed along with the microtech and tunes with it. i probably should upgrade the injectors to CA ones, but screw it, i have heard the standard ones are good for my power range limits. bloody Xbox 360 Halo 3 pack being so damm expensive!!! argh.
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

dude if ur gunna be runnig a lt8s I dont see the reason on getting a RRFPR, just have it tuned till u get 85-90% duty cycle then if u want more get another set of injectors. it just seems so dodgy to throw on a fpr when u can get Ca18det injectors cheap as on nissansilvia.com man i paid $50 including rail and fpr for ca's lol then paid another $90 to have them cleaned and flow checked to make sure they had a decent spray pattern. Id rather have the extra headroom from the larger injectors then screw around with fuel pressure.

I only have a SARD FPR($110) because i didnt have any other FPR to put on there lol
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com
Gary vcET

Post by Gary vcET »

Yep i agree Panda with what you just said ,with my set up i dont see the point with spending a couple of hundred for a fuel reg that is hardly needed thats my point on saying im not keen on malpussy regs or any aftermarket regs for that matter

I think a new second hand fuel reg thats better than the 1 i got on there now would be more than enough for what i need running at 16 psi.
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

Panda_ET wrote: I only have a SARD FPR($110) because i didnt have any other FPR to put on there lol
geez how long did you spend on your knees to get that price?!?! :lol:
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

BennyET wrote:
Panda_ET wrote: I only have a SARD FPR($110) because i didnt have any other FPR to put on there lol
geez how long did you spend on your knees to get that price?!?! :lol:
LMAO
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

i ordered it from the land of the rising sun, it was at a decent exchange price kekekekeke
Low Slow and Sarcastic

www.TasSportImages.com