N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

ET Front Flare Production *Updated 20.10.07*

General chat related to anything N12.
photoglossy

ET Front Flare Production *Updated 20.10.07*

Post by photoglossy »

As some of you know, a couple of your friendly neighbours over in New Zealand are taking it upon themselves to help out fellow pulsar owners...

Here we will document the process with (reasonably) up to date information and photos reguarding the build up, and once the prototypes are completed we will have them priced for production if fiberglass, so you all to purchase a pair if you wish.

Today is the start of the process. Adrian and I made the drive up north to pick up an Isuzu Mu guard that i purchased online. Im getting gitters already... :D

Cost will be approx $600AUD for a pair of fiberglass guards

Confirmed:
Photoglossy
jazza_1984
etking

Interested members:
ET
Rohan 84ET
ETEEZA
etturbs
MICK
Cherry Boy
RIP EAZY E
BennyET

If you want your name on the list, or want to confirm you interest just post here or PM me
Last edited by photoglossy on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:28 am, edited 9 times in total.
agecage

Post by agecage »

Pics:
Donour gaurd:
On the ET:
Wide enough lol. Will start chopping it up on wed hopfully.
N12 Exa turbo
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

It looks to be about 60mm wider that the standard guards, so that should be enough to fit some wide rubber under there with some decent dish in the wheels :)

I cant get over how much lower it makes the car look!
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Gonna change those fugly mirrors for the ones that don't cover the A-pillar?
I only just realised there was a difference; I thought hang on, mine don't look that bad...

As for the actual thread topic, I've got like a zillion questions, but I CBF typing em all out : p

I'll just sit back and watch work progress for now, I reckon ; )

Good luck with it.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Mate, I see a hellava lotta potential there. :wink:

agecage

Post by agecage »

Kimmo wrote:Gonna change those fugly mirrors for the ones that don't cover the A-pillar?
I only just realised there was a difference; I thought hang on, mine don't look that bad...

As for the actual thread topic, I've got like a zillion questions, but I CBF typing em all out : p

Good luck with it.
From what ive seen all the mirrors that dont wrap round the a pillar arent power mirrors. I know the et we wrecked didnt have power rear view mirrors.
N12 Exa turbo
digginganddirt

Post by digginganddirt »

they look sick as do u no how mush they would be roughtly
EXAsperate

Post by EXAsperate »

Looking good guys, I am not following about the side mirror variations? What are they? Were electric side mirrors available on ET/EXA/cherry?
EXAsperate - to wind up, infuriate, drive mad, frustrate, annoy and drive around the bend.
Callumgw

Post by Callumgw »

Yeah took me a while as well:

C
agecage

Post by agecage »

EXAsperate wrote:Looking good guys, I am not following about the side mirror variations? What are they? Were electric side mirrors available on ET/EXA/cherry?
Atm we looking at bout 500 a pair. Full fiberglass. But it al depends on how many ppl buy the first batch. The more there are the cheaper they will be.
N12 Exa turbo
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

Looks like an interesting build, the only downfall being that the arse end will look funny being standard... unless you're planning on developing some bolt-on/ moulded rear flairs or something to suit?
Number 5 on the Top Ten List - 12.39 @ 110mph

My Car
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Kimmo wrote:Gonna change those fugly mirrors for the ones that don't cover the A-pillar?
yes i have a pair off an ET, but i have to use bits of both as the ET set was not Electric and i want electric mirrors.
thepurplepulsar wrote:Looks like an interesting build, the only downfall being that the arse end will look funny being standard... unless you're planning on developing some bolt-on/ moulded rear flairs or something to suit?
Im playing with some concepts at the moment... Possibly we could build up a 4 flare kit which fits with the ET front and rear. But for now the thread is on the front flares... the rear will come later on.
Android 360

Post by Android 360 »

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/K ... 042581.jpg[/img

Good luck with it.
what the fk are you on about??!?
the jap mirrors are so much better looking!
nice and sleek!
the aussie mirrors make the car look like a geeky dude with ears that poke out.
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers, I don't need to choose a side."
Rohan 84ET

Post by Rohan 84ET »

looks bloody awesome fellas, your pioneers in this field! definitely up for a set, and i like the idea of first edition flares. ;)

unless a better set are made a week later. haha, nah, good work guys.
ET coming back from the dead.

SAVE ME JEBAS!
agecage

Post by agecage »

I just realised it going 2 be hard to make up rear flares. The car that is or donour model is a milano. A two door pulsar so i got a felling that we need a n12 4door pulsar to be our donour model. So rear flares might be a fair while of unless there is a nz memder willing 2 let us use there car as a model.
N12 Exa turbo