N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Mallapasi Fuel Pressure Regulator

General chat related to anything N12.
Cherry Boy

Mallapasi Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post by Cherry Boy »

Hey Guys,

I have a slight problem, i have a mallapasi fuel pressure regulator, wiht a boost pressure gues attacthec to it. I fitted it to my ET yesterday and had a few problems this was that my car would start after a few seconds and then it would stay on idle for a few seconds and then just die. I figured i must have put the hoses in the wrong place. SO i decided to put the original FPR in and run the car... It was fine so I re-checked the hoses and wack the Mallapassi back in turned the key and the ET had life again.

But i noticed that the Boost pressure guage is showing zero but the car is running fine.

This morning i started the car popped the hood and saw slight smoke comming ut of the brether that i have put on the rocker cover. This sh*t me up a lill bit so i decided to wack the original FPR in again.

It is running properly at the moment. But its a shame that my Mallapasi aint working or is it; can some one tell me how to test the mallapasi to check if it is running correctly.

Cheers
Shuaib
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Dont T the Boost gauge (or any other line) into the FRP vac hose. The FPR will need a direct reading, and it isnt getting it.

Could also be a faulty unit... but i havnt experimented with one before so im not the man to talk to...
angel

Re: Mallapasi Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post by angel »

Cherry Boy wrote:Hey Guys,

I have a slight problem, i have a mallapasi fuel pressure regulator, wiht a boost pressure gues attacthec to it. I fitted it to my ET yesterday and had a few problems this was that my car would start after a few seconds and then it would stay on idle for a few seconds and then just die. I figured i must have put the hoses in the wrong place. SO i decided to put the original FPR in and run the car... It was fine so I re-checked the hoses and wack the Mallapassi back in turned the key and the ET had life again.

But i noticed that the Boost pressure guage is showing zero but the car is running fine.

This morning i started the car popped the hood and saw slight smoke comming ut of the brether that i have put on the rocker cover. This sh*t me up a lill bit so i decided to wack the original FPR in again.

It is running properly at the moment. But its a shame that my Mallapasi aint working or is it; can some one tell me how to test the mallapasi to check if it is running correctly.

Cheers
Shuaib
by boost gauge, do you mean pressure gauge, and is it small and attached directly to the malpassi. If not and you have used a boost gauge that wont read it proparyly, you can buy an oil filled gauge that bolt in for about $15, adam from global automotive sell them, ill try and find an email.

Also you have to make sure you set the base pressure for the malpassi, which is 36 or 38 psi for the ET, to do this just prime the car, then look at what fuel pressure the car is at via the correct gauge, then adjust the malpassi (there should be a screw type thing) till you get the correct base pressure.

good luck
angel

Post by angel »

adam@globalautomotive.com.au theres the email, he can send you a pic of what you need plus its only $15, well worth it
DUBGT

Fuel regulator problems hey...

Post by DUBGT »

Hi dude,

Correct hose attachement? The reason a gauge will read 0 after installation is that the hose are back to front. In this situation you have the high pressure fuel from the fuel rail going into the base of the regulator. The car will run but v.rich and may flood and conk out when you hit the accelerator.

:arrow: Make sure the hoses are in the following way.

The side of the fuel regulator has 2 inlets. One can be used as a gauge port. High pressure fuel from the outlet of the fuel rail must enter here.

The outlet of the regulator (back to fuel tank) is at the base of the regulator.

If you have removed the standard fuel regulator out of line (which you have) then you would have found that the piping situation can be alittle confusing with limited sight.

If you do need a gauge, I (adam) do sell them, they are $20 for my friends in the loop on N12turb. Our new gauge is the strongest we've had, and 95% glycerine filled. adam@globalautomotive.com.au

Hope this helps...
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

keep the information coming! i bought a malpassi with guage off adam and havent installed it yet, i'm not sure exactly how! i need to learn this sh#t!
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Bummer. I just payed $36 for a Speco one which isn't oil filled.
angel

Re: Fuel regulator problems hey...

Post by angel »

DUBGT wrote:Hi dude,

Correct hose attachement? The reason a gauge will read 0 after installation is that the hose are back to front. In this situation you have the high pressure fuel from the fuel rail going into the base of the regulator. The car will run but v.rich and may flood and conk out when you hit the accelerator.

:arrow: Make sure the hoses are in the following way.

The side of the fuel regulator has 2 inlets. One can be used as a gauge port. High pressure fuel from the outlet of the fuel rail must enter here.

The outlet of the regulator (back to fuel tank) is at the base of the regulator.

If you have removed the standard fuel regulator out of line (which you have) then you would have found that the piping situation can be alittle confusing with limited sight.

If you do need a gauge, I (adam) do sell them, they are $20 for my friends in the loop on N12turb. Our new gauge is the strongest we've had, and 95% glycerine filled. adam@globalautomotive.com.au

Hope this helps...
hi adam, didn't know if you were on these forums yet.

also my gauge is still working a treat

cheers
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Hey Lads,

Thanks for the promt reply, i do have a glycirin filled guage in the FPR and Adam ill have to try what you have said coz i think i have definetly messed up the pipping.

I think what i did before was as follows; i wack the main fuel in hose on the opposite side of were the guauge is on the FPR and then left the return as it is> there is one more hose left which i stuck at the botton of the Malapasi.

Gusy thanks for the promt reply.

P.S I also have damaged my o2 sensor any ideas of a replacement, the reason why i am asking this is because there are like 2 differrent types of o2 sensors; when i say differrent i mean that the are made from differrent matirials which are 1:Heated Oxygen Sensor and 2: Titania Oxygen Sensor.

Which one is in the ET and if any one knows were i can buy one of the shelf. this would be brilliant

Thanks again

Shuaib
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Hey dude, don't quote me but I am pretty sure ours are not the heated type.
The dead give away is the number of wires.
:arrow: A heated one has three wires.
:arrow: The other one has only two wires.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
angel

Post by angel »

The Renegade wrote:Hey dude, don't quote me but I am pretty sure ours are not the heated type.
The dead give away is the number of wires.
:arrow: A heated one has three wires.
:arrow: The other one has only two wires.
yeh your right glenn, et ones arnt heated, and from what ive heard they arnt really needed anyway
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

I checked my o2 Sensor and it has three wires so i didnt get that care to elaborate lads ;-)
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

At a guess, I'd say it been replaced already, but with a heated one.
The big difference here is that the heated one will give you an immediate response, where the non-heated will have to warm up.
But essentially, they both do the same thing.
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================
Cherry Boy

Post by Cherry Boy »

Cool ill have to keep looking into it, got my 3" Dump Pipe getting made so ill need a new one for that. Cant wait.

Wanna go n sort my Mallapasi FPR out but it F**kin raining outside arrrggh.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I hear ya about the rain, i took a week off work this week to get the exa near finished, but today is the first fine day we've had.....

Ahhh well, my leather interior turned up today!!! 8)
--------------------

The beast:
=====================
=====================