N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PLEASE HELP ME , ET GOES PUT PUT PUT POP!!

General chat related to anything N12.
pulsnhard

PLEASE HELP ME , ET GOES PUT PUT PUT POP!!

Post by pulsnhard »

Hi guys, first of all its nice to finally be apart of n12turbo.com. My names Andee, Im an old skool et owner. bought my pulsar a decade ago and its come along way, in time i will submit pic, specs etc on this site, was seen in the gotboost.biz site,(black et, with white wheels)
HERES THE PROBLEMS, Prior to pulling my e15 brc motor out, she sounded like a freekin wrx and ran on preettty much 3 pistons. after pulling the motor out and replacing it with an awesone condition rrc import motor ( which purred like a kitten in the old car i bought it with) the car still put put puts. Under load dies, no horse power to move 5 metres. piston 1 and 2 are firing nice, i know as when i drop the leads it dies, BUT 3&4 run with or with out the leads or with or without injector plugs and makes NO DIFFRENCE to the idol. Yep there really not contributing.

*Basicly loom to injector 3-4 is fine,
*whole loom , ecu, afm fine
*ground cables all clean
*spark is wild and strong
* injectors ALL flowed and cleaned
*compression perfect 150 smack on all pistons
*vacume is -18 ( perfect)
*Head gasket FINE
*tried splicing 12 volts extra on to the poor pistons injector loom, no go.....
*called BEST auto elec, scratched his head and couldnt help.
*car slept @ allstar performance for 4 months!!! and was not fixed or diagnosed
*fuel flow test done and OK!
*crank angle sensor FINE
* no cacume leeks, all new vac lines etc

"remember the motor was tested and ran fine in the old car i bought it from, purred like a kitten, NOT ONE THING including loom or ecu was replaced in the transplant, so technicly she should purr in the new chassis.

for 2 motors to respond the SAME WAY in this shell makes me wonder!

please guys if you can help i would be grateful, this car needed to be on the road 5 years ago!! but im still messing around trying to get it to work..

Andee
Kimmo

Post by Kimmo »

Shit, man... bloody Murphy and his gremlins, eh?

Good luck with that there headfuck, mate
etturbs

Post by etturbs »

do the pulsars have knock sensors??? coz my old cordia did the same and it was the knock sensor not to sure on pulsars im a newbie :D
tearing apart adelaide one suburb at a time
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

dam gremlins alright!, my good mate eugene ardison from the survive 25 drift team takes the car in 7 days for a tinker with it, hope he finds the probz, keep those ideas coming guys, im desperate!!!!

andee
EXA_LENT

Post by EXA_LENT »

Just as a suggestion try the distributor eg:cap, sensors, etc
had exactly the same problem on a dirty old ea falcon and it turned out to be an inconsistent spark problem.
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

Where are you located?
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

dizzy caps a brand newie! but sensors? hmmm is there dizzy sensors? and if so where are they located?

By the way im on the Gold Coast!!

today i got a young priest and an old priest to come and look at performing a car exorcism, they both threw up and ran off! could this be more of a spiritual problem?
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

pulsnhard wrote:dizzy caps a brand newie! but sensors? hmmm is there dizzy sensors? and if so where are they located?

By the way im on the Gold Coast!!

today i got a young priest and an old priest to come and look at performing a car exorcism, they both threw up and ran off! could this be more of a spiritual problem?
where abouts on the gold coast? there aren't many of us, thats for sure
i'm in southport
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

Mate...diagnosis and repair is VERY, VERY hard to do accurately in a thread. Perhaps, out of all the possible possiblities, one thing to consider - do you happen to have the correct firing order?
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

yeah i know thread diagnosis is a hardcore way of fixing. but no other mechanic/auto elec can help, so this is basicly my last try before i chuck the motor in the tip and stick a ca 18 in her, ( dont want that) BUT just for the record, what is the firing order of the e15et motor???, so i can cross refrence it and make sure shes all in order!

would be soooo embarrest if the firing order is all wrong!LOL

by the way if any of you et fans want custom "white dials" on the standard n12 cluster let me know as i had a company design a cluster for me. they have officially saved the template for future refrence. Panda has pics of my cluster, pretty hot stuff boys!!!!
Ztealth

Post by Ztealth »

1-3-4-2 looking at the dizzy cap going anti-clockwise...
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Have you checked the cam timing?? Ie the belt is on the correct location with the timing marks? You need to setup cylinder no.1 (furthest from gearbox) at TDC then line up the cam with the mark and the circle. Not the triangle.

You might have the timing 180degrees out if its possible on these engines.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

pulsnhard wrote:........... Panda has pics of my cluster, pretty hot stuff boys!!!!
Ummmmmmmm... harrumph *cough cough*.

D'you grasp the scope of that comment????????? Why on earth would Panda have pix of your ..... "cluster"........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

yea hyeah yeah LOL i get ya, cluster!!!hmmmm ok because he had gotboost.biz which ma car was featured on! hense him having the pics of cluster, but i get what ya mean bro, heheheeheheh vedy vedy cheeky boy
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

LOL all good M8.
I simply could not resist that one....just too obvious for me LMAO.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.