N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

PLEASE HELP ME , ET GOES PUT PUT PUT POP!!

General chat related to anything N12.
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

thanks guys for the cam belt timing, and firing order to BOTH OF YA!!
much appreciated, will def try em both!!

let ya know how i go!

"And the award for best looking pulsar et that goes nowhere and runs 70 seconds in the quarter mile goes to........ummm.....Oh YES MY FAVORITE RIDE " THE BLACK PEARL" by andeee, congrats LOL hehehehehehe
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

G'day Andee - welcome to the forums....
Sounds like a right bastard of a problem.
One thing I didn't notice in your check list was any parts of the fuel system before the injectors.
You should check your fuel pump, lines to the injectors, things like that.
Good luck with it all mate. Fingers Crossed.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

tassuperkart wrote:LOL all good M8.
I simply could not resist that one....just too obvious for me LMAO.
L8tr
E
that and cos ur a dirty ol bastard :P and ur desperate to see my cluster ;)
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Oh another thing - it hasn't got old shitty fuel in it? That got me once with an old rotary years back.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

thats a good point andee, its been sitting round for ages aint it?
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
pulsnhard

re fuel

Post by pulsnhard »

thanks renagade and panda, nah fuels CLEAN, very, lines are all fine back from the rail, vl turbo fuel pump installed, fuel flow and pressure fine! today i will try the coil and resistor. by the way, with the coil resisotr ,,,where does it go? just screwed down to chassis?>

hows ya cluster boys?
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

resistor MUST be earthed to the chassis.. maybe thats ur problem??
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
pulsnhard

grounding capicitor

Post by pulsnhard »

mines ground to the coil, which is grounded to the car chassis, is this correct? or should it not be touching coil what so ever?

andee

gonna try and find an old pratt & witney commercial jet engine and stick it under the hood, im just short 589,000 dollars for ir so far, keep you all updated, hahahah imagine an et that runs a 3 second quarted powered by boeing!! LOL

andee
Kimmo

Re: grounding capicitor

Post by Kimmo »

pulsnhard wrote:mines ground to the coil, which is grounded to the car chassis, is this correct? or should it not be touching coil what so ever?
Nah, that's cool.
pulsnhard

put put put UPDATE~~

Post by pulsnhard »

GUYS!! todays the first day back on the black pearl, and well well , i bought a brand new coil ( a red bosche one...REDS FAST) wired her all up fine and car kicked over put putting as per usual. BUT i did however notice after grounding the resistor, that it is NOT plugged into anything, and whatever its meant to plug into seems to be either cut off or missing alltogether! so............

A: could this be the problem??

if so..

B: where the hell should i plug it into considering theres nowhere anymore for it to go?

remember its theBLACK coil resistor looking thing with a fork prong base to be earthed!

andee

( captain of the black pearl )
BennyET

Re: put put put UPDATE~~

Post by BennyET »

pulsnhard wrote:GUYS!! todays the first day back on the black pearl, and well well , i bought a brand new coil ( a red bosche one...REDS FAST) wired her all up fine and car kicked over put putting as per usual. BUT i did however notice after grounding the resistor, that it is NOT plugged into anything, and whatever its meant to plug into seems to be either cut off or missing alltogether! so............

A: could this be the problem??

if so..

B: where the hell should i plug it into considering theres nowhere anymore for it to go?

remember its theBLACK coil resistor looking thing with a fork prong base to be earthed!

andee

( captain of the black pearl )
red bosch coil would be the wrong one.... is it a gt40?

are you able to take any pictures of the wiring around the coil?
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
pulsnhard

Post by pulsnhard »

yeah benny, red gt40r for pulsar n12.

i can hear a slight high pitched hissss coming from around the head area. sounds like an awesome leak man! not a gushing sound, more of a real pin holw sized vac leak.

i feel like ripping the head of, but comp test was 150 p/piston so im not sure how smart that wuld be!

andee
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

pulsnhard wrote:yeah benny, red gt40r for pulsar n12.

i can hear a slight high pitched hissss coming from around the head area. sounds like an awesome leak man! not a gushing sound, more of a real pin holw sized vac leak.

i feel like ripping the head of, but comp test was 150 p/piston so im not sure how smart that wuld be!

andee
yeah gt40r, i made the same mistake a few years ago..... they're meant for points style ignition, something about dwell times (where's E?).... you want to get a bosch mec(cant remember model) or hec-715. it will seem to work fine, but could overheat, explode etc etc :lol:

if comp test is ok......... check gasket between turbo and manifold, it doesn't tick like a leaking runner near the head

EDIT: ok yeah if you mentioned it was the turbo model, they prob wouldnt have sold it to you...... but if you got it from glitterbarn then what would they know :P ....take it back
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
pulsnhard

THATS IT IM GOING IN

Post by pulsnhard »

I CANT TAKES NO MORE, GENTLEMEN AND GENTLEMEN, IM PUTTING THE BLACK PEARL IN THE OPPERATION THEATRE, Yep thats rite, off with its head, while im at it might as will do some head work to her and still a fat ass cam shaft n her again, lets hope it was just a fucked valve or crack in head or some shit,

wish me luck,,

Andee "the count"
all gone

Post by all gone »

g'day
my miss's old ET used to sound like a subaru when driving and it was a blown head gaskit this happend three times due to driving it to hard