N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

HELP with parking lights **SOLVED**

General chat related to anything N12.
toprpm

HELP with parking lights **SOLVED**

Post by toprpm »

Hi all , Ive got an ET Turbo. Ive got a small problem with the electrical side of it. My parkers and dash lights dont come on. The 2 little parking lights next to the indicators in front and the parking lights at the back dont work.
Everything else like the low beam, high beam, brake light, indiators, horn and hazards work perfect.

Its just the parkers and dash lights that dont work. I checked the plugs behind the dash cluster and made sure everything is plugged..Also checked the fuses underneath the dash.
I need to get the car registered next week and this issue has to fixed..

So if anyone had the same problem or can solve this . PLEASE HELP ...

OK then , thanx for taking time to read this.
Last edited by toprpm on Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I'm not at home right now, but I think that those lights all share the same fuse, so if it's not the fuse that's blown, I'd suggest checking the wiring coming out of the fuse box.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Ive had hell trouble over the years with the parking lights on my GX and the drama is the actual switch on the column that has been the culprit.

The switch contacts are like a set of ignition points and they seem to loose tension over time and dont get a proper contact.

Fortunately, you can get to them by removing the steering column shrouds and by looking behind the steering wheel you will see how the little contacts work.
Its easy to do but tricky to describe.
With a bit of care, you can get underneath the offending set with a very small jewelers screwdriver to support it and then carefully bend the little metal tab that supports the points contact down so that it has more tension agains his little friend when the contacts are together.

Be careful not to bend it too much as the clearance lights will stay on all the time.
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Kinda ontopic my dash lights take sometimes 20-30secs before they come on after i've turned them on. The longer its been without using them the longer it takes. But if i've had them on say 1-2hrs before they come on nearly instantly.

The only thing i can think of is a connection is poor, once it gets hot it expands enough to contact. Its really strange.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

yer that kinda sounds about right.
You might be a candidate for the same treatment.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Exa_newbie

Post by Exa_newbie »

hey dont wanna hijack thread, but one quick question. i've got a n12 exa and it has 2 switches for the head lights to the right of the dash. top on works lights pop up and down although bottom one doesn't, whats it meant to do anyway?
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Pretty sure the bottom one isn't normally there. Probably been put there to block off the hole or something.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================