N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Overfuelling Dramas

General chat related to anything N12.
angel

Post by angel »

here are some quick pics of my strut braces, you cant really see the rear one that well, becust i put the plastics back in, but it basically bolted to the wheel arch and not the shock. oh and mind the engine bay, i havent had time to clean it up yet.

Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

hey angel, you said the front strut brace is for an n14, how much are they normally? and where can you get em? looks great!
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

Thanks Angel. They look pretty sturdy. :)
angel

Post by angel »

et.turbo.dude wrote:hey angel, you said the front strut brace is for an n14, how much are they normally? and where can you get em? looks great!
yep n14, i got it really cheap but it was a one of deal (we ordered 3 of them)
have a look on ebay there are some on there, however i would recommend buying the n13 and modifying it, as the n14 was a lot of stuffing around. but i do like the finish and its very strong and lite.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

angel wrote:
et.turbo.dude wrote:hey angel, you said the front strut brace is for an n14, how much are they normally? and where can you get em? looks great!
have a look on ebay there are some on there, however i would recommend buying the n13 and modifying it, as the n14 was a lot of stuffing around. but i do like the finish and its very strong and lite.
does the n13 brace look like the n14 one? what did you have to do to make the n14 brace fit?
angel

Post by angel »

et.turbo.dude wrote:
angel wrote:
does the n13 brace look like the n14 one? what did you have to do to make the n14 brace fit?
you can get lots of different looking n14 braces. i basically had to drill new holes for the feet, i then had to drill a new hold throught the strut its self because the n14 strut is too long, hence why you should go the n13 strut, it really is too much stuffing around. devilexa on the nissanexa forums sell the n13 strut for only $120 which is pretty good