N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Help with respraying ET

General chat related to anything N12.
toprpm

Help with respraying ET

Post by toprpm »

Hi everyone . I am in the process of getting my ET ready for the road. Just couple more weeks and it should be done. I was planning to give it a respray in a different color... Ive got quotes from where i live (murgon , 3 and half hours from Brissy) and they charge an arm and a leg.($3000).. Ive got all the necessary items that i need like the 4ltr paint, 4ltr primer, 4ltr super clear and 4 ltr hmm something that goes before the primer... anyways ...

I was wondering if anyone on the n12 website has resprayed their car or mates car, who will be able to help me out here... Ive got bit of experience with spray painting but have no idea in whats involved in spraying a car..

So if anyone can spit some information on how to do it step by step (Preparation, Sanding and Painting part) or guide me to a website that does , i would be really helpful.

Ok then , thanx for taking time to read this ..
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Read as much as you can on this site and the forum.

www.autobody101.com
toprpm

re paint

Post by toprpm »

That site was really helpful . Got couple of ideas and to be honest it is very very technical to me.... I put a post up there asking for step by step instructions on how its done , hope some one replies....

Thanx for the link mate....
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

toprpm, if you get some usefull feedback from the guys at autobody101.com can you post the info into this thread. I'm sure further down the track someone will be asking the same question.

Cheers.