N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

t25 turbo help

General chat related to anything N12.
dexi_styles

t25 turbo help

Post by dexi_styles »

i need yo know if my turbo is set up right
i have a t25 on my e15t
on this turbo the wastegate pipe that goes to the top of the turbo is actually connected to the vacuum hose and there is no hose fitting on the turbo housing.
can anyone tell me if this set up is ok and is it ok to connect a boost controller to this set up????
if not whats the best way to fix this problem??
thanks
adam
angel

Re: t25 turbo help

Post by angel »

dexi_styles wrote:i need yo know if my turbo is set up right
i have a t25 on my e15t
on this turbo the wastegate pipe that goes to the top of the turbo is actually connected to the vacuum hose and there is no hose fitting on the turbo housing.
can anyone tell me if this set up is ok and is it ok to connect a boost controller to this set up????
thanks
adam
a pic would be best to fully understand what you mean. But basically the wastegate acuator must have a vac line connected to it. on the t2's there is a onlet for this line on the compressor housing, so a hose goes from the compressor housing to the acuator, (hope you get what i mean). But on some turbos there is on outlet for this vac line on the compressor housing, so instead you can just run a line from the inlet manifold to the acuator, it i will do the same job.
angel

Re: t25 turbo help

Post by angel »

dexi_styles wrote:i need yo know if my turbo is set up right
i have a t25 on my e15t
thanks
adam
also if you want to fit a boost controller, all you have to do, is cut the hose that runs from the manifold to the acuator, and then fit in the boost controller bewteen the two cut lines to make it one line again.

good luck
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

The only issue with running a manifold line to the turbo wastegate is that the wastegate is subject to manifold pressure only.
This means that the wastegate is only influenced by the manifold pressure, which, on part throttle, may result in the turbocharger becoming quite a restriction if the delivery pressure of the turbo is being restricted by the throttle butterfly and it is trying to boost up where in fact the turbo is delivering full pressure already and the wastegate should have already been open bypassing zorst gas.

This will be a problem only when on high revs at part power. it results in very highly elevated exhaust gas temps and high pumping losses.

Attach it somewhere in front of the TB.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
angel

Post by angel »

tassuperkart wrote:
Attach it somewhere in front of the TB.
L8tr
E
there is an out let just before the butterfly on the throttle body, or you can tap one in your self in your pipe work.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

isnt the one on the front of the TB vacuum only? i know it is on the RB30 TB i tried my gauge on there lol only went to 0 lmao felt like a tool that day :P
angel

Post by angel »

Panda_ET wrote:isnt the one on the front of the TB vacuum only? i know it is on the RB30 TB i tried my gauge on there lol only went to 0 lmao felt like a tool that day :P
it boost only, my mate use to run his boost gage off there it would only give boost readings
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

angel wrote:
Panda_ET wrote:isnt the one on the front of the TB vacuum only? i know it is on the RB30 TB i tried my gauge on there lol only went to 0 lmao felt like a tool that day :P
it boost only, my mate use to run his boost gage off there it would only give boost readings
then i musta bought an irish TB lol
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Thing is its not a true boost reading. Its only showing the delivery pressure of the turbo pre-TB. It does not show whats actually going into the engine unless on pretty much wide open throttle.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
dexi_styles

thanks for the advise

Post by dexi_styles »

thanks guys you have been helpfull i know with the compressor side of the t2 has a pipe on it i just didnt know that this set up was possible of proper.
i wil see if i can use this advise.
thanks again, i'm off to look at it now
adam.