N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

new clutch maybe even heavy duty!!!

General chat related to anything N12.
exanator

new clutch maybe even heavy duty!!!

Post by exanator »

hey just wanting to know some prices on heavy duty clutches and what needs to be done to install and pricing????

and also good brands and if a heavy duty clutch is worth the money!!!

any info really as my clutch is slipping when i rev out 1st gear and go to quick change to 2nd and im only running 9-10psi.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

M8, are you going to change it yourself?
If not then why not ring around some brake and clutch joints, they will quote you better than anybody simply guessing here can.

Nicks Performance Clutches (NPC) seem to have a good rep. as a clutch builder.

If you wand to change it yourself, pull the driveshafts, remove the gearbox, and replace the clutch and bolt it all back up again.

Expect to pay a couple of hunderd bucks for a decent tough clutch.
Whether you actually NEED a tough clutch depends on how you intend to drive it.
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Post by thepurplepulsar »

As Evan has said, try some local clutch suppliers in your area if you arn't going to do it yourself. Or if you are, you could get something sent down from NPC. I'm using a NPC setup in my car and always recommend them.

Nicks Clutch Service
Archerfield QLD.
www.npcperformance.com.au
07 3277 9403
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the details:

Nissan Pulsar- N12, 1.5L Turbo, EXA & ET Heavy Duty Organic Clutch Kit - $360.00

Nissan Pulsar- N12, 1.5L Turbo, EXA & ET Heavy Duty Button Clutch Kit $470.00

http://www.npcperformance.com.au/cgi-bi ... nicsclutch

An Organic clutch is the way to go.
angel

Post by angel »

When i bought my clutch from NPC it only cost me $300, that was for the heaviest custom organic clutch. i asked them to make sure it clamped down hard, so they did something else to it to make it heavier, not sure what thoe.
give them a call, i believe n12 members get 10% off.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

I agree with Angel & The Purple Pulsar, Organic is the way to go.
I had one in my Trubo Ratary and it was awesome.
I had a button clutch in my V8 Holden years ago, and also in a Torana with a race prepped 186cu.i. and in both cars it was an absolute pig unless you were racing.
I've got a button clutch in the Exa (it came with the engine and box) but I'm yet to drive it.
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

My girlfriend ordered an NPC last week and she told me its only $211. So i dont know if they are sending the wrong clutch or its a lot cheaper than listed on the site. We haven't got the clutch yet but its suppose to be the organic heavy duty one. I have the same clutch in my car and i knew it was more like $360 for it.

Should arrive soon so we'll find out i guess.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i recomend an exedy heavy duty. i've got 1 in mine, running 18psi, zilch slip, easy to use and good feel. never had a problem.
shanec86
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shanec86 »

ive got Excedy 4puck ceramic clutch, its a bastard to drive, has never ever slip.
Timmzy

Post by Timmzy »

I've got a Diakin 4-Puck ceramic springless clutch kit in my ET. Came as a complete kit.

It bites very hard and is difficult to drive in traffic with. Everywhere else its fine.

I think a lot of the damage cause is also driver related. You can wreck most drivelines if you try hard enough.

Cost me $300, and I requested springless.

If I ever need a new clutch for whatever reason, I would go the NPC organic for sure.

Darren.
angel

Post by angel »

et.turbo.dude wrote:i recomend an exedy heavy duty. i've got 1 in mine, running 18psi, zilch slip, easy to use and good feel. never had a problem.
the npc kit i got, contained and exedy clutch plate. But its all about the pressure plate
exanator

clutch

Post by exanator »

ive been quoted for a heavy duty (RPM 279) clutch, for $145 (mates rates) but that is cost price as it retails for ($260) as i know somebody who works at a auto spares place and its brand new!!!

has any1 used one of these??? i will be running max 12-13psi!!!!
BQ.05.TD

Post by BQ.05.TD »

angel wrote:
et.turbo.dude wrote:i recomend an exedy heavy duty. i've got 1 in mine, running 18psi, zilch slip, easy to use and good feel. never had a problem.
the npc kit i got, contained and exedy clutch plate. But its all about the pressure plate
thats it man the pressure plate is were its at ;)
thepurplepulsar
Administrator
Administrator

BQ.05.TD wrote:
angel wrote:
thats it man the pressure plate is were its at ;)
Yup, my NPC pressure plate is rated at 1900 lb with a Daiken or Exedy plate (can't remember now) and is holding up to the job fine.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Xtreme do their HD's in 650kg (40% over standard) and an extra HD 800kg. i've seen them in adelaide for as little as $220 and as much as $350 for the assembly. that includes Pressure Plate, Organic clutch plate, bearing, and maybe a flywheel machining (about $30 anyway).

DSB xtra heavy duty plressure plate CNI20122XHD

Heavy duty pressure plate CNI20122HD

and the kits are KN120003HD or XHD etc..

also dont forget to strengthen your clutch retainer on the gearbox.. mine bent. here's a pic of Gareths when he modded it. found it on this site too. bonus. Some nice angle would neaten it up but it did the job.