N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

want ideas on how to build strong enough box

General chat related to anything N12.
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

hehehe weve successfully hijacked the thread but keep us informed!
l8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

this is a little off topic but,

I remember the day i pulled the stock 3.7 diff from my stroked 2L Datsun 1600 and put in an R180 with 3.9:1 gears.. i may have lost a few km/h from each gear, but man it would spin its way into 3rd and chirp 4th.. definately improoved the accelerations..

and that brings me to my next point...

lower diffration increased troque transfer.. why do you think rotary's had 4.1:1 and 4.4:1's in them.. its because the rotary inherently didn't have a lot of torque. so a lower ration helped it.. it also had plenty of revs.. so the lower dif ratio didn't hurt it in top speed...

also dont worry about revs on the freeway.. my girlfriends B4 liberty TT runs about 2300rpm at 120km/h on the freeway where as her new shape 2000 Celica runs 3800rpm at /120km/h..... when we drove to Melbourne we sat on 4200rpm for some of the way... for 5 hours.... would have been longer but we almost ran the 55L tank dry to do it..

another alternative is to put the N/A E15 crown and pinnion into the E15ET gearbox.. slightly lower ratio
psi999

Post by psi999 »

I see two options:

1. 4AGZE box as suggested (they are freeking bulletproof)

2. 50A series box from a maxima (the box i'm using).

The N13 is a good mild upgrade, but its the case thats the problem, perhaps if it was braced (alloy welded with bars) it may last a bit longer.

Also never run anything but a full faced organic faced clutch.