N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

clean injectors

General chat related to anything N12.
wis41

clean injectors

Post by wis41 »

Hey guys,
im just putting the engine together after a rebuild and was thinking about getting my injectors pressure cleaned. To my knowledge, they were in good working order before hand and so no real reason for it but I just thought it might be good thing to do for peace of mind later on. I got quoted $25 per injector to get them pressure cleaned and new baskets. Before i go and waste $100, what do u guys think? has anyone had this done and did they notice any difference? Also, what exactly are the baskets? Cheers,
Sam
angel

Re: clean injectors

Post by angel »

wis41 wrote:Hey guys,
im just putting the engine together after a rebuild and was thinking about getting my injectors pressure cleaned. To my knowledge, they were in good working order before hand and so no real reason for it but I just thought it might be good thing to do for peace of mind later on. I got quoted $25 per injector to get them pressure cleaned and new baskets. Before i go and waste $100, what do u guys think? has anyone had this done and did they notice any difference? Also, what exactly are the baskets? Cheers,
Sam
baskets? i think they mean filters. they will replace the pintle caps, filters and hose for you. as well as ultrasonically clean it, and flow test it. Deffinately the right thing to do. Also $100 is a really good price usuall around $30 or more each.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i also agree that you have been given a good price. i had an old ultra-sonic dencture cleaner that i used to use for cleaning the nibs on my old Pen plotter (mega oldschool device that.. man.. old.. wow..) cause the 0.5-2.5mm hollow nibs used to clog with rough ink and paper dust.. soak them in the untrasonic cleaner over night and Bam.! they were done..

so i tryed it on my injectors... lol.... i pulled them down and soaked each one in it for a about 8 hourrs (2 days total) and put them back in the car with new rubber o-rings. cost me about $4 and away i went. i dont recomend you do it that way though... take it somewhere, as i believe that $100 is good.
wis41

Post by wis41 »

sweet, thanks guys.