N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

power

General chat related to anything N12.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

we aren't girls, your just heman! :lol: i said my Exedy was only a little heavier, there's sweet fuck all between it and a standard clutch feel. but the stocky's are full on shite! not worth shit diddly squat! stay away from em! :!:
nismoet

Post by nismoet »

hey boys, im currently getting my head gasket done, car is in the shop as we speak. what do i need to do in order to run 14psi on T2 all day everyday without any dramas, should i stick to the stock head gasket? my mechanic wants to put a copper head gasket. if this noticably lower compression because i feel my lag is laggy enough as it is.

my et has fmic, vl fuel pump, rising rate reg already fitted. im a bit worried ill do another gasket if i stick to the stock one but dont want a laggy car. thanks.
BQ-05-TY

Post by BQ-05-TY »

id put a better head gasket in but thats just me

especially if ur doing further mods and stuff
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

nismoet wrote:hey boys, im currently getting my head gasket done, car is in the shop as we speak. what do i need to do in order to run 14psi on T2 all day everyday without any dramas, should i stick to the stock head gasket? my mechanic wants to put a copper head gasket. if this noticably lower compression because i feel my lag is laggy enough as it is.

my et has fmic, vl fuel pump, rising rate reg already fitted. im a bit worried ill do another gasket if i stick to the stock one but dont want a laggy car. thanks.
the stock gaskets are the best, there must be another reason to why they keep blowing. make sure its and acl or get a nissan one.

depends on the thickness of the copper gasket as to how much it will lower compression, which is already quite low in these engines. i run 15psi all day, have only popped 1 head gasket due to a faulty injector. if you use a copper gasket your more likely to break something else, (pistons, rods...)

your mods should support it, however at that boost level an aftermarket ecu is desirable. keeping it together is all in the tune
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

nismoet wrote:hey boys, im currently getting my head gasket done, car is in the shop as we speak. what do i need to do in order to run 14psi on T2 all day everyday without any dramas, should i stick to the stock head gasket? my mechanic wants to put a copper head gasket. if this noticably lower compression because i feel my lag is laggy enough as it is.

The t2 really shouldnt be boosted above about 12psi... even with an IC... Its just crap. Your intake temps will the through the roof! Swap a t25 or a t25G onto it and you should be able to run 14psi with an intercooler no problem.
ETEEZA

Post by ETEEZA »

photoglossy wrote:

The t2 really shouldnt be boosted above about 12psi... even with an IC... Its just crap. Your intake temps will the through the roof! Swap a t25 or a t25G onto it and you should be able to run 14psi with an intercooler no problem.

I used to have a T2 high flowed running 18-19psi.....it loved it....though i did blow a head gasket after around 2 weeks...it went hard though
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Yet if you had a bigger turbo on there it would have been so much better
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

nothing wrong with the Nissan genuine head gaskets! all in the tune.
angel

Post by angel »

et.turbo.dude wrote:nothing wrong with the Nissan genuine head gaskets! all in the tune.
agreed
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
nismoet

Post by nismoet »

i've decided with the guidance of my mechanic what ill be using a copper head gasket which im told will allow me to run 15psi on high boost, although ill usually have it set to 10psi for daily driving. i have the fuel upgrades and cooler for higher boost.

i was going to stick with the nissan gasket but mechanic said since im looking to upgrade to 180sx turbo in near future its better to get the copper head. thanks for the comments boys. i get my car back on friday :lol:

also, when i do upgrade my turbs to t25, would sort of quarter would i be running? and what would i set boost at? anyone with a good quality turbo can contact me as im in the market to purchase. thanks.

sorry about the really long message..
velardejose

Post by velardejose »

Nope
I run a turbocarbed e16 with a ct20 turbo @14 psi
Daily driver
I use a copper dec plate + 2 generic HG
No issues, unless I start experimenting with crazy ignition figures
It is cheaper to replace a HG ;)
Hope it helps
Peace
Turbo carbed e16 stock CR toyota ct20 turbo stock HG @10 psi
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

nismoet wrote:i've decided with the guidance of my mechanic what ill be using a copper head gasket which im told will allow me to run 15psi on high boost, although ill usually have it set to 10psi for daily driving. i have the fuel upgrades and cooler for higher boost.

i was going to stick with the nissan gasket but mechanic said since im looking to upgrade to 180sx turbo in near future its better to get the copper head. thanks for the comments boys. i get my car back on friday :lol:

also, when i do upgrade my turbs to t25, would sort of quarter would i be running? and what would i set boost at? anyone with a good quality turbo can contact me as im in the market to purchase. thanks.

sorry about the really long message..
lol my stock Hg held 17psi fine and it was an original from 84 lol yeh copper ones are ok if u can get them to seal I currently have one on my engine but if theres any leakage im chucking it to get a stocko again. if u go copper you really should get the block o ringed t help it seal
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
nismoet

Post by nismoet »

why are you running a copper hg if the standard is so good panda?

i had a bit of work done on the head while it was off, really got rid of those restrictions so im hoping the flow is a lot better. cant wait to pick my baby up tomorrow arvo!! :P
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

got copper cos i like wasting my money lol just ask E
Low Slow and Sarcastic
Always Oscar Mike on the AO

www.twitter.com/garagepanda for my latest Inane comments

www.TasSportImages.com
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

Yeah stick with the stock ACL gasket. I had a copper one and it never sealed (no 0-rings). When i took the head off you could see it was leaking between cylinders.
ACL Pistons, 226/236 cam, T28 Turbo, FMIC, FJ20T Injectors, Wolf V4 ECU, NPC Clutch, VL TB, Custom High Mount Manifold, N13 Internals G/B, 3" SS Exhaust, Walbro 500hp Pump.
237hp@18psi
13.52@108.95mph (street trim, leaky hg)