N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Replacing N12 ET interior?

General chat related to anything N12.
BlueEXA

Replacing N12 ET interior?

Post by BlueEXA »

Is it possible to fit the seats out of a later model Pulsar into a N12 ET? The back seat in particular. I know most front seats are a straight swap but I'm interested in seeing if anyone has done anything about there back seat..

Cheers :wink:
ETEEZA

Re: Replacing N12 ET interior?

Post by ETEEZA »

BlueEXA wrote:Is it possible to fit the seats out of a later model Pulsar into a N12 ET? The back seat in particular. I know most front seats are a straight swap but I'm interested in seeing if anyone has done anything about there back seat..

Cheers :wink:

ive got 87 model front and rear seat in an 84 et turbo.....they fit straight in...no mods needed...hope this helps
BlueEXA

Post by BlueEXA »

Cheers :D Would that be a N13 Pulsar? Do you know if an N14 interior would fit.
etking

Post by etking »

87 is still n12, 88 the n13 starts
Members Ride: http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=6786
85 ET, M/tech LT10X, T28, FMIC 2.5" Stainless Piping, 3" Intake, Dump n Zorst, JDM Inlet, CA18DET Injectors, Bosch 040, Bodykit, 17s
ETEEZA

Post by ETEEZA »

BlueEXA wrote:Cheers :D Would that be a N13 Pulsar? Do you know if an N14 interior would fit.
et KING IS RIGHT...i had 2 ET TURBO'S....done the switch....put all the 87 stuff in the 84 shell....there was literally NO DRAMAS anywhere....only the FRONT bars were slightly different....everything else was the same
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i think grant is asking if later model pulsar seats fit into an N12 pulsar.. the answer to that is NO. you cant put N13 or N14 seats into an N12 pulsar ET or EXA.
Uncie-G wrote: As for the drift steering wheel, if you use this combined with earthing kit at the same time the overall road feel and torque steer gets reduced.
BlueEXA

Post by BlueEXA »

Cheers Ben thats was my question :? I may have to perfect my english a bit more or is my Scottish accent coming across in my typing :lol:
BennyET

Post by BennyET »

BlueEXA wrote:Cheers Ben thats was my question :? I may have to perfect my english a bit more or is my Scottish accent coming across in my typing :lol:
nah your right i understood it first up... happens a lot here :?
LonerET

Post by LonerET »

Ben Hewitson wrote:i think grant is asking if later model pulsar seats fit into an N12 pulsar.. the answer to that is NO. you cant put N13 or N14 seats into an N12 pulsar ET or EXA.
are you saying that it is possible to put an exa back seat in an et??

i havn't tryed,but i wouldn't think it would work.....

would look kinda kool though!!

josh.
Yeah i bought a FORD!
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

We have Holden Astra Bucket seats in our N12.. they are comfy.. you should try that.. why are you worried about the back seat.. your never going to sit on it!
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

If you can fabricate rails you can put anything in anything as long as it is a physical fit.
Will need to be engineer'd hough.....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
LonerET

Post by LonerET »

dont the exa front seats fit in without a worry????

i was talkin the rear.
Yeah i bought a FORD!
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Yeah, the fronts go in the rear does with some custom brackets but he was asking about N13 & N14.....
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
LonerET

Post by LonerET »

yeah i know what he was saying,i just read bens post and it led me to believe that it could be possible to put the rear from an exa in an et...iv'e seen the fronts in heeps of et's but never the rear..
i just got quoted $250 for a compleat exa interior...MINT!!!
from my mate at the wreckers(is that a good price?) and if i can possibly get the back seat in as well.....then i'm definatly thinking about it.

josh
Yeah i bought a FORD!
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

The Exa rear seat should fit into the ET no worries. You will just need to remove the center bracked on the ET (the bit that both sited of the seat clip into). The Exa seat should fit up no problem using the 2 side brackets (2 screws on each bracket). The frnt seats from an Exa will also fit. So if you want a Blue/Black n12 spec interior that would be the best thing to do. BUT OBVIOUSLY the door cards will not fit... there is your problem. You would have to retrim them to get it tying in all good.