N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

turbo upgrades for the e15, have a look

General chat related to anything N12.
angel

turbo upgrades for the e15, have a look

Post by angel »

people are always asking, what turbo should they upgade to, and will it bolt on, and what else do i need.

So instead of answering that every time, i decided to write up an article on this lovely sunday arve.
Its about what common turbo upgrades you can do to the e15 and what is needed, and a little info on the turbo's.

Im just asking you guys to read the article, and make sure i have added the correct information, as in AR's of turbos and approximate full boost rpm.
And maybe anyting else i have missed. ill then edit it and fix it up or add it in.

cheers angel

link
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=196
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i pulled mine apart last week. this is a T25.. stock nissan PEM version. its about the same trim, a/r and inducer/exducer size as a Garrett GT22 or smaller.. couldn't find anything closer.. GT17 would bethe same if they made one.. this is a 51mm exducer and 40mm inducer making it a 61trim Compressor.. fun fun fun.. not as cool as a T28bb (i'll pull that one apart this week) or a T25G

angel

Post by angel »

Ben Hewitson wrote:i pulled mine apart last week. this is a T25.. stock nissan PEM version. its about the same trim, a/r and inducer/exducer size as a Garrett GT22 or smaller.. couldn't find anything closer.. GT17 would bethe same if they made one.. this is a 51mm exducer and 40mm inducer making it a 61trim Compressor.. fun fun fun.. not as cool as a T28bb (i'll pull that one apart this week) or a T25G
thats intesting to know.

i wasn't going to add the trim and size of wheels in the article, as thats getting a little technicle. Just made it so people unfamilar with our engines can get an idea of what to upgrade to. Hopefully its simple enough to understand
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i only had a quick look through the article, but it looked spot on from what i saw.

Also to note is that hybrid turbo's are available. you can change the Compressors and Compressor housings on some of these as well.. (just not that Journal Bearing and Ball Bearing crossovers are not available as the Turbine wheel /shaft is one piece and thus must stay together.)

For example, a BBt28 from an S15 silvia/200sx has a different shaft to the one on a T25 or T25g. even though they are the same turbine size etc.

also there is no need to hybrid a T25g compressor onto a T25.. as that is all a T25g is anyway. same shaft and turbine as the T25. just a defferent compressor.. also i dont think you can change the compressor on a T28bb to that from a T25G.. (would be nice though..)
angel

Post by angel »

Ben Hewitson wrote:i only had a quick look through the article, but it looked spot on from what i saw.

Also to note is that hybrid turbo's are available. you can change the Compressors and Compressor housings on some of these as well.. (just not that Journal Bearing and Ball Bearing crossovers are not available as the Turbine wheel /shaft is one piece and thus must stay together.)

For example, a BBt28 from an S15 silvia/200sx has a different shaft to the one on a T25 or T25g. even though they are the same turbine size etc.

also there is no need to hybrid a T25g compressor onto a T25.. as that is all a T25g is anyway. same shaft and turbine as the T25. just a defferent compressor.. also i dont think you can change the compressor on a T28bb to that from a T25G.. (would be nice though..)
i didnt realise that the g and the t25 had the same wheel size and what not. I thought you would have to profile the compressor housing to make fit. you learn something new everyday.
Ill have to tell my friend, he has a t25 on the moment, but he also has a rooted t25g.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

Tell your friend it should be easy to mod his T25. Just swap the compressor and sompressor housing from the T25g onto the T25.. simple. make sure he gets a turbo shop to do it though as the balance will need to be checked and it will probably need some material ground out of the compressor to make that possible.

but they should have the same compressor housing flange (ie where the circlip goes in) and the same Turbine and main shaft.
exanator

turbo

Post by exanator »

hey all the t25g inducer inlet compressor turbine is larger then the regular t25 and only the exducer exhaust side has the same turbine so you can only change the rear exhaust side.
angel

Re: turbo

Post by angel »

exanator wrote:hey all the t25g inducer inlet compressor turbine is larger then the regular t25 and only the exducer exhaust side has the same turbine so you can only change the rear exhaust side.
yeh but his t25 it was rebuilt with a t25g compressor wheel in it should just be a straight swap.
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

ok ok ok... i think the T25 have and the T25g have the same size compressor wheel, but a different shape/pitch. The exaust side is the same as a T28!!! In that way.. by puttin a T28 comp wheel on a g and boring out the housing its a T28 with a smaller comp housing!! the only other difference is the bearings are shorter therefore not as strong in the g.

Is that what you guys have said??? I got confused

Sam