N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

o2 sensor

General chat related to anything N12.
EXAQTD

o2 sensor

Post by EXAQTD »

:oops: hey guys any idea if i can start the car without the o2 sensor
and if i should be carefull about anything when im starting the car for the first time after the major rebuild but still standart ecu with fueltronics chip
that was installed years back
and how to make adjustment on the malpassi fpr
i just want to start her up cant drive it so is it safe to still kick her over and let her run till warm

all feedback appriciated
{TUBZ}

Post by {TUBZ} »

yea u can run without it but i think u will use more fuel...i ran without it for a while
EXAsperate

Post by EXAsperate »

Ditto - O2 sensor doesn't work until they get up to operating temperature.
I ran without mine and just sucks the juice and runs relatively rich - however i am experiencing that problem when it is plugged in anyway amongst other things
EXAsperate - to wind up, infuriate, drive mad, frustrate, annoy and drive around the bend.
The Renegade
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The Renegade »

Take the rocker cover off and douse everything with oil, turn it over by hand a whole bunch, ummmmm, be careful and good luck. be ready to kill the engine if it makes any funky noises for more than 5 secs.

Good Luck
--------------------
Trust no-one but yourself.

The beast:
http://forum.n12turbo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3982
=====================
Mid North Coast Member. :twisted:
=====================
angel

Re: o2 sensor

Post by angel »

EXAQTD wrote::oops: hey guys any idea if i can start the car without the o2 sensor
and if i should be carefull about anything when im starting the car for the first time after the major rebuild but still standart ecu with fueltronics chip
that was installed years back
and how to make adjustment on the malpassi fpr
i just want to start her up cant drive it so is it safe to still kick her over and let her run till warm

all feedback appriciated
Do the standard computers even have closed loop function?? ie use the o2 sensor to trip fuel. i thought they didn't
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

"power to the peaceful" Michael Frantii
SammyET

Post by SammyET »

yer course they wuld isnt it whole point of 02 sensor?? its not gona tune off it on WOT thats for sure
MY CAR FOR SALE... see the for sale section

136.6kw @ 12psi, Microtech LT8s T28/25g hybrid.
angel

Post by angel »

SammyET wrote:yer course they wuld isnt it whole point of 02 sensor?? its not gona tune off it on WOT thats for sure
is that just a guess or do you know for sure that it does run on a closed loop. i have been told that it doesnt. but then whats the need for the o2 sensor.??
Mods: GT28R, Microtech lt10s, stg3 cam, double valve springs, vn intake to vl external pump, mapassi @ 50psi, 3inch dump to 2 1/2 system, vl throttle, NPC clutch, 160HP @ wheels on 12psi

wis41

Post by wis41 »

My car does'nt even have one - from my understanding they are not essential, even with a microtech..
Langley84

Post by Langley84 »

O2 sensors suck ass! they are always blowing.. and your engine sucks in as much air as it can as it thinks its not getting any air.. and to balance out the fact that its sucking in more air.. it sucks in more petrol and hence forth runs rich :P fix ur o2 sesor its not hard.. took me half an hour on my VT
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

How do you "blow" an O2 sensor???

They have a finite life and can be "poisoned" by running with leaded fuels.
An old O2 sensor tends to have a lazy response time.

Its debateable whether the 02 sensor does ANYTHING with an et ECU. Possibly messes with the ECU's head at idle and little else.
There is no closed loop running in the main scheme of things.

On later cars, like the Holden, the ECU "tunes" around EGO (closed loop) and maintains EGO's pretty much regardless of intakes and exhaust mods after a short "learning" period.

If the sensor is too old (100.000 K's plus) or has been poisoned by some goose adding Avgas, then the ecu can become confused and the engine will run shitty.

Dunno what you were doing taking half an hour to change it as i would have had lunch, a shit and a hot coffee as well as changing one in that time LOLOL.

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
angel

Post by angel »

tassuperkart wrote:How do you "blow" an O2 sensor???

Its debateable whether the 02 sensor does ANYTHING with an et ECU. Possibly messes with the ECU's head at idle and little else.
There is no closed loop running in the main scheme of things.

E
thanks evan for clearing things up

bonzai

Post by bonzai »

tassuperkart wrote: Dunno what you were doing taking half an hour to change it as i would have had lunch, a shit and a hot coffee as well as changing one in that time LOLOL.

L8tr
E
hahahaha gold... bwaha :wink:

PM me
EXAQTD

Post by EXAQTD »

tassuperkart wrote:How do you "blow" an O2 sensor???

Dunno what you were doing taking half an hour to change it as i would have had lunch, a shit and a hot coffee as well as changing one in that time LOLOL.
lolol mate ur so right its bloody easy only mine hadnt come off once in the 20 years i owned it
like u saaid nothing happens to them but mine just wouldnt come off what ever i tried so with this new dump pipe i dont have one and just want it to know if i realy have to install one
if i have to then i got to get a new one and could it be just any o2 sensor

thanks mate
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

nah M8 dont bother with it.
have fun
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.