N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

Fuel Lines Reversed?

General chat related to anything N12.
Paul Smith

Fuel Lines Reversed?

Post by Paul Smith »

I've asked this question before but don't think I got a definative answer. It looks like the fuel lines on my car have been swapped over. A previous owner has unclipped them at the back where they join the flexible lines that lead to the fuel pump. If the fuel was running down the wrong line and the fuel pressure regulator was then before the injector rail instead of after would that cause any fuel flow problems?
Of course if they were reversed then the fuel would be trying to get through the fuel filter in the wrong direction.
Slack

Post by Slack »

The important thing is the fuel MUST flow the correct direction through the fuel rail. As long as it enters at the open end, exits at the regulator and somehow finds it's way back to the tank it will be fine :)
angel

Post by angel »

Slack wrote:The important thing is the fuel MUST flow the correct direction through the fuel rail. As long as it enters at the open end, exits at the regulator and somehow finds it's way back to the tank it will be fine :)
yeh i agree with slack, i to had my lines reversed, i just made sure it entered correctly and that the reg was after the rail where it exited.
good luck
Paul Smith

Post by Paul Smith »

It turns out that someone got the lines from the pump wrong so instead of fixing that they flipped the lines under the car. It's flowing in the right direction.
Last edited by Paul Smith on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angel

Post by angel »

Paul Smith wrote:It turns out that someone got the lines from the pump wrong so insted of fixing that they flipped the lines under the car. It's flowing in the right direction.
some people are just lazy
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

angel wrote:
Paul Smith wrote:It turns out that someone got the lines from the pump wrong so insted of fixing that they flipped the lines under the car. It's flowing in the right direction.
some people are just lazy
Bwaaaahahahahaha sound like something i'd do LMAO
L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.