N12Turbo.com lanyards are now available! Click here to visit the shop

the next new thing aint a turbo

General chat related to anything N12.
coidog

the next new thing aint a turbo

Post by coidog »

Hey guys, well i am in the process of turning a 84 et into a twin webered muscle hatchback car lol.
I have had the GL motor recoed and stroked with a e16 crank, a brand new stage 4 billet ground cam, and a custom twin 45 dcoe weber conversion kit upgrade. fully sick ey. will mean i have 4 x 45mm throttle bodies, i need to stick a 6cyl elec fuel pump on it to keep up. not to metion an entire ignition upgrade to blow up all that extra fuel and air.]
a few more mods to come on the engine but it is play it by ear at the moment as this has as far as i know never been done to an e15 to the extent that i am taking this project. will keep you updated.

now as for the body work well nothing like a chip foose special but i am fitting the et factory body kit, and getting a fresh paint and colour scheme. ive got koni ajustables all round with king springs and slotted 4 wheel disc brakes, 15 x 7 polished alloys fitted with P6000.

the interior however will be somewhat extravagant to what you might have seen typically used in many ets. though similar in many ways 2.
i am lining the entire inside of the car floor, sides, doors roof back hatch everywhere inside the car (except dash) in plush carpet and triming the doors up smick. the back seat will be removed and customfitted with a boom boom box pumping in the range of 2-3000rms of bass dont know yet. the dash is going to be trimmed also, but that is where i want to keep it a little the same to keep some style.
wish me luck dont know how to setup a website to put pics on here but i can email if you interested.
but if you go to this website http://www.racetep.com/weber.html the webers im using are the picture top left on this page they have ram flo trumpets.
photoglossy

Post by photoglossy »

Definatly a great project! Interesting.

Try and make your way onto the top 10 list with a NA E15, that would be an achievement. Should be a rocket when finished.

Try www.imageshack.us for hosting the pix
raddavey

Post by raddavey »

There's a guy on the nissan forum (www.nissanforums.com) he spent bucket loads and built up the e15 NA. I think his best 1/4 was low 14s. So really it can be made to go quick but the cost and results dont compare to a turbo e15. By all means go ahead and do it. Its something unique.

Good luck
Slack

Post by Slack »

Will it be N/A? or are you going to use a draw through turbo setup?
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

u can get E15ets deturboed and worked fairly heavy that can produce 200hp they use them in mini sprints but they cost a fair bit to build :)
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

Hehehee yer they do get that kind of HP but they are turning upwards of 11,000 rpm and EFI/methanol to do it.

A good M8 of mine runs one. Plenty spondulah!

L8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

hah yeh ill try and get pics of one this weekend ....i got offered one for $20,000 gauranteed 9000rpm all day :) lol i said nah i thikn ill put a ddecetn turbo on ehehe
coidog

Post by coidog »

there will be no turbo on this thing, i am however designing induction system to link up all 4 intakes into 1 and give it some cooler air somehow, with a pod and a hole in the bonnet. I dont know the HP yet, but i can say now that it will be between 160-200hp at 6500-7000rpms, and if i decide to spend the extra chippys and go full custom on the bum trumpet could gain 30-40hp there too. So will just have to wait and see when it comes off the dyno that last time.

only about 2wks from completion now, then the body and stuff can start.

l8r boyz
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

coidog wrote:there will be no turbo on this thing, i am however designing induction system to link up all 4 intakes into 1 and give it some cooler air somehow, with a pod and a hole in the bonnet. I dont know the HP yet, but i can say now that it will be between 160-200hp at 6500-7000rpms, and if i decide to spend the extra chippys and go full custom on the bum trumpet could gain 30-40hp there too. So will just have to wait and see when it comes off the dyno that last time.

only about 2wks from completion now, then the body and stuff can start.

l8r boyz
ya gunna need more rpm i would say but yeh post up dyno sheeet when done im interested i considered a quad throttle setup on an N/A exa at one stage
tassuperkart
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tassuperkart »

hehehe its hard enough to get that much power from a blown setup at those revs so Im with ETKing, Id say ud be looking at around 9000rpm for those figures.
l8tr
E
Forcd4 wrote:Oh fuk no dude it's you a again, the oracle.
Panda_ET

Post by Panda_ET »

Agreed^^^^

mine only went 144hp@12psi i was well off 200hp
coidog

Post by coidog »

yea well i hope i get more rpms. they wont know what it will do til it gets on the dyno. it has been bored and with the e16 crank, bigger pistons and the big grind they are putting on the cam along with those pretty espensive throttle bodies.. i aint no mechanic so im only GUESSING from other mods i have done in the past and the gain i recieved with them.
All i know is that i cant wait anymore i want it finished already, so that i do know.
I am just curious to see how much power the little E15 GL motor is capable of, after 9 or 10K.
dont worries guys all the figures will be here in a week or 2.
Ben Hewitson

Post by Ben Hewitson »

i had twin 48mm (i think.) DCOE webbers bored to 52mm (definately) with custom jets on my 2.2L Datto 1600. it made about 210 HP, terrible fuel consumption and a piss-poor idle at 1200rpm.. but it went like stink.. mid to low 14's on streeters.. .. not bad..

with the E15E engine on i diet of quad throttlebody's, it should be a sweet ride. but the only way to make power from an N/A is to really slam the compression to about 11:1, increase the swept volume or run the revs through the roof.. cause your talking 122 - 140kw's at the wheels with no turbo on an engine that needs about 16psi to make that power

with the right cam setup you should easily see 9200rpm from an E16 motor. but you'll probably need to have a crank girdle made up to support it. these things are notorious for big end movement and death rattles when over reved, so harmonic balance is a must not to mention the stock ET rods letting go.

look into things like combustion chamber design as well as massive ports and valves... or toss the E15 and dump in a twin DCOE CA16 bored to fit CA18DET internals.. then watch that baby spin its way to a ear prickling 10,500.. mmm...

nothing get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up like a high reving n/a motor... mmm...

good luck with it dude, i'm very interested to see how you go with it. email me some pictures if you get stuck hosting them..

regards

Ben.

benhewitson@hotmail.com
coidog

Post by coidog »

yea thanks mate luck i need and time and money. yea the compression i know is at 9.7.1, can go higher later if i want to but that wil do for now. they're grinding the hell out of the cam putting on the biggest grind possible., and in turn high pressure double valve springs are needed. the ports in and out have a big grind on them to match, they were a little out on the custom manifold i got from redline so a little more porting was needed to match them. it also has had a harmonic balance, was one of the main things needed to do for the project. i am getting an whole new ignition upgrade with new guts for the stock dizzy from 'crane' , new high performance coil sparkers and leads, to hopfully burn the extra fuel and air. i think we decided on the vl fuel pump to keep up 2.
We are also designing a custom induction system, by linking all 4 bodies into one stainless steel tube, fan feed with a K&Npod.
and as for the ca18, well can throw that idea out the door, cause the next upgrade i do on this car is gonna see 8(eight) cylinders yes 8 under the bonnet. It has been almost a dream of one day putting some massive hp into the little pulsar(rwd of course). i wanna see it mono like i do on a bike. hehehe. tis a long term project and plans are not even close to being thought about yet, but it will happen one day.
Ash
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ash »

i would love to see you put a v8 into your pulsar, it would have no probs doing a mono, and you could play around with the carby while your driving haha! and your backseat will end up being you front seat. you should give it a full tub for some giant rubber so then you can toss the back seat and sit on the tub and drive? short ass driveshaft 2. PULSAR WITH 454, 2 SPEED POWERGLIDE, 9 INCH DIFF? UMMMMMM

Enough joking though, can't wait for you to finish your naturally aspirated e15/16, should scream like a b_tch! I've always wondered how one of these engines could go worked naturally! good luck with it!